Re: [WisCats] Milwaukee,Wisconsin- URGENT this cat needs a new home before this Friday,June 8th

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2007
      Oh I hope this works out! He wouldn't be in a cage all the time, would he?

      child of God wrote:
      > No he hasn't been adopted out- they didn't have him in the regular
      > adoption wing- they were keeping him in their back room, trying to
      > work with him/socialize him. They were only giving his previous humans
      > until this Friday morning to find him another GREAT,LOVING,
      > INDOOR-ONLY home, otherwise they were going to end Binney's young life.
      > However, I just got GREAT NEWS- a friend of mine who runs a no-kill
      > shelter here in Milwaukee called Happy Endings now has cage space
      > available for Binney.She would be able to take him into her shelter
      > this coming Saturday!!!!! I just got the email from her and emailed
      > his previous humans and asked them to contact each other ASAP. I also
      > suggested he get in touch with WHS as FAST as possisible to make
      > arrangements to get Binney off death row/take him back home and then
      > they can bring him to Happy Endings this Saturday.
      > Thankyou Jesus for answered prayers!!!!
      >

      > On 6/6/07, *Marsha* <marshaha@...
      > <mailto:marshaha@...>> wrote:
      >
      > I don't see Binney on the Wisconsin Humane Society available list.
      > Has
      > he been adopted out?
      >
      > Marsha
      >
      > > Unfortunately,Binney is currently at the Wisconsin Humane Society-
      > but his deadline to be claimed is BEFORE this coming Friday
      > morning. His
      > previous humans surrendered > him because 1 yr ago, as they had given
      > birth to a baby and the cat is EXTREMELY jealous of the baby.
      > Since the
      > baby was born, the cat has been having litter box issues. > The
      > previous humans have tried EVERYTHING they could possibly think of to
      > get the cat to stop this new but disgusting habit(pooping outside his
      > litter box), but to no avail. > As much as they hated to do this,
      > they
      > surrendared him to the humane society. They really loved this cat and
      > still do love him.

    • child of God
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8, 2007
        No he won't be in the cage the entire time he is there...every singe day, they have volunteers come in to take care of the animals(feed them, give them water,love time, clean cat boxes,etc.) While the volunteers are there, they let the cats out of their cages to give them some much needed exercise.So he will get some walk-around time every day while he is there. Happy Endings has several cats, so the volunteers spend several hours at the shelter each and every day caring for all the cats. The shelter is open to the public for adoptions/viewing two days per week- when the public is there, the cats remain in their cages, as they don't want to take any chances of the cats sneaking outside- but the cats do still get their exercise both before and after adoption hours.