Thank you from new member

  • carolannkolls@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2005
      Thanks for the warm welcome - and the information.

      I appreciate the informatiom on the "poisioning".  It just breaks my heart  when they disappear.  The owner has also on occasion hired people to trap.  They don't show up at the shelter and I am relatively sure they don't survive.

      I am planning on attending the seminar in GB.  Hope to meet everyone.

      Carol
    • Ebru1331@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2005
        carol,
        please follow up on checking the laws in sb wi.  i know for a fact that poisoning is illegal.  someone poisoned my dog a few years back and did three months in jail.  i think they should of sat longer but u know how the law works.  please check the laws and follow up.  i look forward to meeting you and all the people i talk to online at the meeting on the 28th,  sincerely elissa.
      • carolannkolls@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2005
          Elissa-

          I will follow up first thing Monday morning.  I probably should have thought of that myself.  Unfortunately Door County is a beautiful place to live but the attitudes toward animals are still in the Dark Ages.

          When the Humane Society was holding educational meetings for the public one farmer actually got up and stated "we don't have an over population problem - that's what bullets are for".

          Carol