Re: Milw,Wis-2 young adult cats in need of URGENT placement-their owner is in a hospice wing/close to death

  • child of God
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi everyone...it is me again-Kitty from Milw!!!! Please pass the happy news!!!
      SUPER HAPPY NEWS regarding the cats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Finally got thru to Barbara's phone line, and she did find someone to take BOTH cats- they went to their GREAT, NEW,loving,indoor-only homes this afternoon. Thankyou Jesus!!!
      Again,both Barbara and I want to say a HUGE THANKYOU for all of your help and for your offers for help- you people are precious angels sent from the heavenly throne of God. We can't say thankyou enough-thankyou,thankyou,thankyou,thankyou,thankyou,thankyou x 1trillion more thankyous
      Kitty from Milw

      On 4/1/07, child of God <kwuerl@...> wrote:
      Update since my email posting yesterday regarding the 2 young adult cats in Milw,Wisconsin that needd IMMEDIATE placement due to the fact theri owner is now in the hospice wing and expected to pass away quite soon:
      The woman who called me (her name is Barbara) to tell me about the situation regarding the cats has gotten a GREAT RESPONSE regarding the calls and emails I sent out on her behalf. In fact, her phone has been ringing off the hook all night long and all day today too!!! I tried calling her numerous times and her phone line is constantly busy.
      I finally managed to get thru to her on the phone very early this am, and she told me someone had been in contact with her and promised to come over to see the cats this afternoon- and at that time, she will decide if she will take the cats or not. Barbara is to let me know either way if the woman decides to take the cats or not. I tried calling Barbara back several times since then, but as of yet, her phone line is STILL BUSY!!!! I will keep trying to reach her and let you all know the outcome regarding the cats.
      Before I forget, she also told me to tell EVERYONE who offered to help or even passed the word, a BIG TIME THANKYOU a million times over!!! She can't thank everyone enough times over!!!
      Anyway, I will keep you posted on the outcome!
      Kitty in Milw

      On 3/31/07, child of God <kwuerl@...> wrote:
      Please help...this is EXTREMLY URGENT, need help for these 2 precious cats IMMEDIATLY. Feel free to crosspost this to anyone who might be able to help.
      I just got the phone call late this afternoon.
      The cats human is a senior citizen and in a local hospice wing. The cat's owner is very close to death. Apparently the woman who is close to death has no realitives that can take the cats in their own place.
      The cats are currently in the apartment the woman formally was living in, but the apartment landlord is now getting ready to take in new tenants in her former unit- and tomorrow is the 1st of April- the date that the new people are expecting to move in. The new tenents want the cats gone ASAP and IMMEDIATLY.
      The woman who called me about these 2 cats can't take them in either as she already owns 2 cats herself, and her own landlord won't allow her to take her friends 2 cats in- even on a temporary basis. Thse 2 cats are already spayed and neutered, and the female cat is up to date on her shots, but when the male cat was taken to the vet to have his shots updated, the vet diagnoised him with a slight heart murmer- so he refused to give the updated vaccinations to the male cat. The male cat is now on medication, and special food, and the woman who called me about the cats is willing to pay for the special food/medication/any medical needs this cat may need while in foster.
      Due to the heart murmer, the woman who called me is hesitant to take the cats to any of the kill shelters- she doesn't want them put down before their time.
      I forgot to ask her what colors/breeds the cats are, but I did find out that the female cat is 7 years old, and the male is 5 years old. They are not used to being around dogs or other cats or children.
      She has contacted many rescues and no-kill shelters in the area, but because of baby kitten season starting again, all of the rescues/shelters she contacted are full beyond capacity.
      CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THESE 2 CATS and PLEASE TAKE THEM IN and either foster them or adopt them?If you can't personally help, please feel free to crosspost this email to anyone who might be able to assist.
      Formore info, please call the woman who called me- her name is Barbara and her number is 414-761-5809.
      Thankyou, Kitty in Milw

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
        So they went together? And Barbara is sure that this is a good person &
        not going to do something awful to the cats?? I'm sorry, I'm just
        paranoid & there are so many bad people out there.

        Pam