Time is running out to register for the Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar!

  • Feral Power!
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 4:18 PM
      Untitled Document

      Time is running out - register today for the
       Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar!

      MIDWEST CAT ADVOCACY SEMINAR
      Sponsored by Alley Cat Allies
      April 13-14, 2007
      Chicago, Illinois

      Only $25 to attend!

      ACA’s Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar is a working session covering topics from organizing a base of supporters to learning how the law supports our goals to changing the movement’s image and self-image.

       Register online today - click HERE

      For more information about the Seminar, visit ACA online:
      http://www.alleycat.org/midwest_cat.html

      Join Alley Cat Allies and other experts from across the nation to learn how you can unite and mobilize to make nonlethal policies and Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) the norm in your community.

      Speakers include:

      • Jan Raven, Esq. - Board Chair and co-founder of AzCATs in Phoenix, Arizona. AzCATs has sterilized over 39,000 cats since 1999! Jan also serves as the first Chair of the Board of the Alliance for Companion Animals.

      • Frank Hamilton, PhD - Co-founder of the Animal Coalition of Tampa (ACT) in Florida, which funds and operates a high volume spay/neuter clinic and Project Spay Day for stray and feral cats. Frank is Assistant Professor of Management, Behavioral Sciences Collegium, Eckerd College and scientific advisor to ACA.

      • Becky Robinson, MPA - National Director and co-founder of Alley Cat Allies in Bethesda, Maryland. ACA has been the national feral and stray cat resource since 1990.

      • Shirley Oderkirk & Kathy Rodriguez - Co-Directors of the Feral Friends program for No More Homeless Pets Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri. NMHPKC runs a high volume spay/neuter clinic and is the city contractor for a municipally funded TNR program.

      More cats are intentionally killed in the United States than die from any other documented cause.

      Location:
      The Anti-Cruelty Society
      157 W. Grand Ave.
      Chicago, IL 60610

      Dates:
      Friday, April 13, 2007
      4 p.m. Registration
      5-7 p.m. Reception - Meet and Greet the Experts and Your Colleagues

      Saturday April 14, 2007  (lunch provided)
      8 a.m. Registration
      9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. - Midwest Cat Advocacy Seminar

       Register Online!

      Alley Cat Allies · 7920 Norfolk Avenue · Suite 600 · Bethesda, MD 20814-2525 · www.alleycat.org

      ACA is the owner and sole moderator of the Feral Power! e-mail list.

      To prevent mailbox filters from deleting mailings from Feral Power!, add alleycat@... to your address book.

      Remove yourself from all mailings from Alley Cat Allies.
    • jellyellie7
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15 10:37 AM
        We are having a meeting at the Wisconsin Humane Society on March 28
        at 6:30 pm to educate the public about TNR, get them to contact their
        community and legislators in support of TNR in Milwaukee. Please see
        the email below and join us if you can!

        Thanks!

        Dear Animal Advocates:

        We need your help with the Wisconsin Humane Society's initiative to
        help feral cats in Milwaukee. Whether you have only heard about
        feral cats or have worked with them extensively, please come and
        learn how you can get involved.

        Feral cats can cause nuisance complaints and become a problem in our
        neighborhoods if not cared for properly. To control the feral cat
        population, helping both the cats and the people of Milwaukee, the
        Wisconsin Humane Society supports a Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR)
        strategy. We believe that TNR is the most humane, cost-efficient,
        and effective way of controlling their population. The program helps
        to ensure the health of both the cats and community.

        To find out more about the benefits of involving more people in a TNR
        program in Milwaukee, what WHS is doing to promote such a program and
        what you can do to help the cats and the community of Milwaukee,
        attend the Feral Cat Coalition Meeting.

        The meeting will be held at the Wisconsin Humane Society on
        Wednesday, March 28 at 6:30 pm. For more information or to RSVP
        (encouraged but not required), contact Jill Kline at 431-6142.