New "study" from the American Bird Conservancy

  • Marsha
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2006
      They didn't do so well in Wisconsin, so they're doing studies in other
      states to support their anti-TNR view, in an effort to promote
      legislation to make TNR or feeding feral cats a crime. They'll work the
      "easy" states first, and eventually come back to Wisconsin.

      http://www.abcbirds.org/cats/NFWF.pdf

      Marsha
    • tcleonard
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2006
        If you could send a report that says that ferals aren't killing birdsto the
        degree of making song birds extinct I would appreciate it. My neighbor is
        trapping my ferals in live traps and " saying he takes them to the outskirts
        of the city. I have tried everything from the talking kindly to him
        explaining the reason of TNR to asking the city for help to no evale.... I
        am sick as he has taken several of my cats and remove them from the area.
        Please if you have an article to persuade him send it to me.....

        tHANKS,
        cHERYL

        > They didn't do so well in Wisconsin, so they're doing studies in other
        > states to support their anti-TNR view, in an effort to promote
        > legislation to make TNR or feeding feral cats a crime. They'll work the
        > "easy" states first, and eventually come back to Wisconsin.
        >
        > http://www.abcbirds.org/cats/NFWF.pdf
        >
        > Marsha
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Pilara Felgate
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2006

          Cheryl,

          We have several articles that discuss the topic of bird predation on our site - http://www.alleycat.org/resources_ancare.html#6. Also, learn more about how to make your feral cats better neighbors with tips on how keep nuisance behavior down - http://www.alleycat.org/resources_care.html#6.

          I’ll email you privately to discuss some other issues you’re facing with your neighbor.

          _______________________________________

          Join ACA’s Feral Power! Listserve.

          Visit: http://action.alleycat.org/feralpower

          Pilara Felgate