Cats to be Shot in Wild Rose, WI (Waushara Co) HELP NEEDED

  • Jessica Frohman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006

      Hi Everyone!

      IF YOU LIVE IN WAUSHARA CO or NEAR BY – PLEASE CALL KENLYN TO OFFER YOUR SERVICES.

      Kenlyn in Wautoma contacted me about a situation in Wild Rose. She does not readily have internet access and request that people who can help her CALL HER at 920-787-3090.

      Situation:

      There are 25-50 cats on the property in Wild Rose and the manager of the store does not want them there and has contacted the sheriff’s office. The plan as it stands now by the sheriff is to trap the cats and bring the adoptables and the kittens to the shelter. The ferals would be brought to the sheriff for him to shoot. (we do not know the timeline on this but we assume it to be short).

      I have already let Kenlyn know that it is illegal for domestic cats (including ferals) to be shot. So that is not an option and I am taking care of writing letters and speaking with the authorities. What we need are people in the area to come help trap and if you have a vet you use to help Kenlyn and her two friends trap and sterilize. The cats MAY have to be relocated – but that decision has not yet been made.

      IF YOU LIVE IN WAUSHARA CO or NEAR BY – PLEASE CALL KENLYN TO OFFER YOUR SERVICES.

      Sign up for ACA's Feral Power! Listserve
      http://action.alleycat.org/feralpower
      ____________________________________
      Jessica Frohman
      Community Outreach and Policy Coordinator
      Alley Cat Allies
      7920 Norfolk Ave., Suite 600
      Bethesda , MD 20814-2525
      240-482-1988