New Member

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2006
      1.) How many feral/stray cats are you presently involved in caring
      for? I have 4 kittens in my home ready for adoption and care for a
      colony of about 12

      (other than your own pet cats)

      2.) How long have you been caring for the colon(y/ies) you're now
      involved with? I have become more and more involved in the past year

      3.) How many of them are spayed or neutered? none

      4.) How much experience do you have with TNR and using the humane
      traps?
      none

      5.) How many of the cats you're now caring for have been born in
      your colon(y/ies) since you've been feeding them?
      10

      6.) What do you feed your colony cats, and do you also provide
      fresh water? feed, they have access to water in the warm weather

      7.) Where do you usually get your cat food? Do you pay full price,
      or do you get a price break or donated cat food? O buy it at
      discount stores

      8.) How often do you feed your colony cats? Approximately what time
      of day? Everyother day in the afternoon

      10.) Do you provide any form of shelter for your colony cats? If
      so, what? They are on a farm

      11.) How many kittens (if any!) do you expect to be born in your
      colon(y/ies) this kitten season? So far there have been 4 litters, 2
      more are coming

      14.) How much have you typically been paying for spay/neuter
      The vets charge 100 and up, I get meds at cost through a retired vet
      friend, most of the kittens have ear mites, respirtory infections
      and eye infections

      17.) Where geographically are you located? (nearest reasonable-
      sized city, state) Fox Cities

      18.) Are you in an urban, rural, or suburban environment? rural

      19.)How long have you been involved in cat rescue? How long with
      feral cats? a few months

      20.) Are your family and/or friends supportive of your efforts?
      Not really, they are worried I will end up with too many cats, as I
      have in the past. My finace doesn't really like cats and get angry
      about it.

      21.) Do you have contact with other cat rescue/feral cat TNR people
      in your geographic area for mutual help and support? no

      22.) What do you do when a cat in your colon(y/ies) gets sick or
      injured? I give them medicine in treats

      24.) How many "pet cats" do you have (as opposed to your colony
      cats) are they a pure breed, pound kitty, stray, tamed feral.
      My fiance has 2 cats, one is inside and was his mothers and another
      one he has outside. I have a little dog.

      New Member: Sharon delightsdecor@...
    • child of God

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2006
            Sharon,
            Hello! I am so glad I heard from you! I did find your web-site. Do you have regular meetings? I certainly need some information. I have 3 kittens that need homes right now, I have found one so far. I see that you have many cats for adoption so I am wondering if finding homes for them myself would work better. I have put an ad in the local newspaper to sell them for $20 each.
            I am taking care of some feral cats and kittens at a farm next to me. They do not care for them. There are 6 more kittens who need to be fostered before they can be adopted. I can not have more than 4 at a time. One of the ones I have right now is getting treatment for a respritory and eye infection so he is not ready yet. Also I would like to know about catching some of these cats and getting them fixed.
            Any information would be very helpful.
            THank You,
            Sharon McDaniel

            Check out my new store!!!