FIV+ Cat

  • Heidi M. Shields
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19 6:23 PM
      Hi everyone,

      I just wanted to update you on the FIV+ cat I spoke about in an email a few days ago.  I am thrilled to tell you that he has found a home.  He is going to live (indoor) on a farm where he will have children to play with and lots of love.  His new family has decided to name him Chance since he is getting a new chance at life.

      Believe in miracles,

      Heidi
      WORTHY PAWS
      A Feral Kitty Cause
      Promoting Trap-Neuter-Return
      in and around Columbia County, WI
      For information, email maestro@...
      or call 608-617-3242
    • Jenny Schlueter
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20 10:19 AM

        That’s great!

        Jenny Schlueter

        Development Director

        Tree House Animal Foundation

        773-784-5488 ext. 231

        www.treehouseanimals.org

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
          Can anybody take in an FIV+ kitty?  He'll be put down very soon if no home is found...

          Please respond to Staci (cc'd) or at (608) 790-2473 with any help...

          Thank you!

          Marie Glover, Mayor of Tabby Town
          No-Kill, Non-Profit Cat Rescue
          S1695B Stenslien Lane, Westby, WI  54667
          (608) 634-4614
          www.tabbytownusa.org

          I rescue cats...my work is never done and my home is never quiet.
          My wallet is always empty, but my heart is always full.
          Until there are none, rescue one...
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
            Can't he stay in TabbyTown? He is probably no danger to any of the
            other kitties. It takes a deep deep bite to transmit FIV & bites like
            this are rare. Too many FIV cats are killed because people think they
            are "infectious", which simply isn't true. Please give this boy a chance.

            Pam

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
              At Tabby Town our capacity is 30.  Right now we're close to a hundred in our home.  The cats, my husband and I are mentally and physically exhausted.  We're treating most of the cats for Coccidia and fleas and some with URI, without isolation areas.  We've gotten to know FIV and FeLV inside and out on a personal basis over the years.  To bring another kitty in here is disaster, even if it were a totally healthy kitty.  It's time we ask for some help from others to help relieve our burden.

              Plans are underway for the healthiest cats to move into a used mobile home.  We've brought it onto our property, have roofed it and are finishing the inside to make it safe for the cats.  They should be in there by Nov. 1st.  We're also in the process of buying a building and remodeling it for Tabby Town, but that won't be ready until Jan-Feb.  In the meantime everything is status quo and no more cats or kittens can be brought into TT.

              Thanks for your response, and maybe this will clear up questions that others might have concerning our situation.