RE: [WisCats] Excellent TNR webinar series coming in January!

  • Lauren Evans
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
      I will be out of the office until Thursday, December 29. If you need
      immediate assistance, please email our Kennel Manager, Melissa Arnette, at
      ddgmel@... or call the front desk at 715-839-4747x21. I will respond
      to all emails when I return on December 29. Have a happy Holiday!

      Lauren Evans, Executive Director
      Eau Claire County Humane Association, Inc.
      3900 Old Town Hall Road
      Eau Claire, WI 54701
      Office: (715)839-4747, Ext.25
      Cell: (715)505-1629
      director@...
    • dreamer9458@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
        Hi
        Thankyou forthe reminder I am still in LA working  with ARNO but would apreciate a notice on the next seminars. Thankyou again.

        Judy

        Monday, January 9, 2006
        1st session: 8:30-10:00 pacific, 9:30-11:00 mountain, 10:30-12:00
        central,11:30-1:00 eastern
        2nd session: 12:30-2:00 pacific, 1:30-3:00 mountain, 2:30-4:00 central,
        3:30-5:00 eastern
        "So you want to apply for grant funding buy you don't have a clue about how
        to start? This workshop includes tips and instructions about general
        grantwriting for TNR programs (no matter who you're asking) and lots of
        specific
        information about what PetSmart Charities looks for in TNR proposals
        submitted for
        our grant funding. Also included are some tips about addressing the unique
        challenges of grantwriting for TNR and creative ideas about who to approach."

        How to Persuade Municipal Officials to Go with TNR, Presented by Bryan
        Kortis, Executive Director, Neighborhood Cats

        Wednesday, January 11, 2006
        1st session: 8:30-10:00 pacific, 9:30-11:00 mountain, 10:30-12:00 central,
        11:30-1:00 eastern
        2nd session: 12:30-2:00 pacific, 1:30-3:00 mountain, 2:30-4:00 central,
        3:30-5:00 eastern
        "Using Trap-Neuter-Return to work with feral cats on a community-wide basis
        impacts on a number of municipal concerns, including public health, animal
        control, wildlife, use of public property and quality of life issues. As a
        result,
        to effectively and legally practice TNR on a large scale, the approval and
        support of the local government is essential. This webinar will focus on
        practical techniques for persuading municipal officials to implement TNR
        programs.
        Topics covered will include evaluating local laws in order to determine
        precisely what kind of action you'll need municipal officials to take on
        your behalf,
        the infrastructure you should have in place before approaching officials, the
        data you'll need to build your case, what lines of arguments are effective
        and
        which are not, how to counter calls for feeding bans or trap and remove
        efforts, and how to respond
        to common questions from officials about liability, public health and
        wildlife."

        Feral Cats and Trap, Neuter and Return: What Recent Science Demonstrates,
        Presented by Dr. Margaret Slater, Professor of Epidemiology, Department of
        Veterinary Medicine Texas A &M University

        Wednesday, January 25, 2006
        1st session: 8:30-9:30 pacific, 9:30-10:30 mountain, 10:30-11:30 central,
        11:30-12:30 eastern
        2nd session: 12:30-1:30 pacific, 1:30-2:30 mountain, 2:30-3:30 central,
        3:30-4:30 eastern
        "Management of feral cats by trap, neuter and return (TNR) is still very
        controversial in some areas. There have been a number of recently published
        studies on TNR and issues related to wildlife and public health. Drawing
        from these
        articles, I will present the highlights of what is working and why, the
        validity of various claims for and against TNR and how this might affect your
        program, shelter or community. Topics such as wildlife and cats, rabies
        and cats and
        statistical models of cat population control will be included."

        If you aren't sure how webinars work, or would like to try a test run to make
        sure that your computer is set up and ready to go, please feel free to
        contact Mark Phillips at mphillips@....

        We hope to "see" you online!

        Barbie pet rescueAnimal rescueFeral cats
        Biology

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS