581Re: [WisCats] Re: Hi Everyone!

    Nov 4 9:24 PM

      I have my own kitty rescue 501c3 here in Spring Green. Mew Haven, Inc. I
      have 2 other women working with me. One of them can foster & is full up
      right now, as am I. We practice TNR for sure & have helped out a lot of
      people who would not have been able to neuter/spay/vaccinate their cats
      without our help. We have a vet here with an excellent Farm Cat program
      & we have used it extensively for TNR of farm cats & strays who would
      not otherwise have been neutered or spayed. We've been lucky to in
      rehoming cats & kittens, through our own contacts & also with the help
      of some of the cat rescue groups in Madison.

      I doubt that there are any official TNR programs in the villages & small
      towns around here in south central WI. Most of those that are in effect
      are the work of individuals like myself & others who primarily finance
      them out of pocket or with the help of donations - for which we tap
      friends & relatives on a regular basis!

      Kathy Pobloskie wrote:
      > Well, don't laugh, but I actually don't have any cats. I have two
      > dogs, a Jack Russell terrier and a Rat terrier. So why would I want to
      > join the Wisconsin Cats yahoo group?
      > Well,I'll try to make it brief. I'm the new Team Leader for Wisconsin
      > for Best Friends Animal Society. We are working towards a time when
      > there are No More Homeless Pets and as I am sure you know the animal
      > most commonly euthanized in shelters is cats. I'd like to get your
      > ideas and input to start to coordinate some efforts to reduce these
      > numbers.
      > I've been working with a citizen's lobby group to support passage of
      > the puppy mill bill and hopefully it will pass in the Senate tomorrow.
      > It may even be unanimous as it was in the Assembly last week. We did
      > all of our work through a yahoo group.
      > I'd like your ideas on which areas of the state need attention and
      > perhaps support for a TNR program.
      > The reason I asked about Beloit is because I'm going to an Animal
      > Control meeting in Rockford Illinois on November 19 supporting a group
      > that is trying to get Winnebago County to consider a TNR program.
      > I live in North Prairie, Wisconsin.
      > So, please, let me know your ideas and problems and let's see if we
      > can come up with some solutions for the cats of Wisconsin.
      > Kathy Pobloskie
      > --- In WisCats@yahoogroups .com <mailto:WisCats%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Kathy Pobloskie" <kathypobloskie@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm new to this group and was wondering if there is anyone that is
      > from the Beloit area?
      > > Kathy Pobloskie

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic