Re: Wabbit Woes

  • keever89
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2008
      Thank you.
      --- In WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com, "Allan" <wire4dcc@...> wrote:

      > There is nothing wrong. The short detector is very sensitive. It is
      > simply detecting your Wabbit.
      >
      > Do all your track wiring first. Then hook up your Wabbits (or Hares).
      > Once you start hooking up your Wabbits, you will not be able to use
      the
      > short detector.
      >
      > Allan
      >

      > --- In WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com, "keever89" jpbower@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a small HO module with a Lenz DCC LH 100 and 4 Peco Insulfrog
      > > turnouts to be controlled by two Wabbit stationary decoders. I used
      > > short detector per the Wiring for DCC Guide and had no problems
      during
      > > the power bus wiring. But when I connect either Wabbit to the
      turnouts
      > > and then to power bus, I get a buzz from the detector. Does anyone
      > > have an idea on the cause and the cure?

    • Ken Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2008
        The Wabbit is for stall motors ie Tortoise, Lemaco, Fulgurex etc and not for
        solenoid motors such as the Peco,

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2008
          I assume you are Tortoise switch machines.

          When you say you get a buzz from the detector, what detector are you
          talking about? Does the Wabbit operate with only the motor leads
          (pins 1 & 8) to the Tortoise connected? Are you trying to use the
          auto-throw feature with trigger rails? If so, have you THOROUGHLY
          checked wiring compared to the manual?

          etc., etc., etc............

          Doug Stuard

          --- In WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Thomas" <ken_thomas@...>