Browsing and Privacy: How to Not Get Tracked

  • John Koehler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2011
      1.) There is a good article on this subject here:

      http://www.cio.com/article/688362/Browsing_and_Privacy_How_to_Not_Get_Tracked

      For more information google: browsing and privacy

      2.) To turn on incognito mode in chrome, google: chrome incognito mode

      3.) I have used Tor for years to help protect privacy but it does take about 25% more time  for web pages to load. I have only used Tor with Firefox which has a convenient Torbutton to turn Tor on or off. Tor is free ;-)  In theory Tor will help prevent you from getting spam because web pages will not be able to see your real IP address.

      To download:   http://www.torproject.org/

      I see that Tor has recently been attacked. For details, google: tor project review

      John

      "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci