Not responding

  • chierica11
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2010
      I feel bad that I only write when I have a problem, but I still dont know enough to help anyone else. When my computer starts acting different, it usually only takes running a scan to fix it. Last week it took 3 days. That's for a friend that knows more about it than I do. I tried to connect my verizon usb thing, and a box comes up saying "Macrovision manager has stopped running". Friend said it is not suppose to be there. It is not listed on the uninstall list or the programs running at startup, but I found it running under task manager. It has been uninstalled several times. After I hit "End Process" for the Macrovision, I was able to connect. I always disconnect the verizon if i'm going to be off for more than a few minutes. Have NOrton 360, It doesn't see a problem.
      When i sign on as administrator to try to uninstall it, It says "Firefox is not responding". Sorry for my lack of computer language.

      Erica
    • chierica11
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
        I ran another Norton scan and it did pick up a virus and some threats, they are fixed. Still, starting it up from shutdown, it takes forever to just get to where I connect with verizon usb, but then it doesn't respond. I have to go to task manager and end process on the macrovision, then it doesn't work like it used to, but I can connect and get my mail and to other sites most of the time. Doesn't someone have any advice on what to do about this? Thank YOU.

        Erica

        --- In Windows_Vista_operating_system@yahoogroups.com, "chierica11" <chierica11@...> wrote:

        > I feel bad that I only write when I have a problem, but I still dont know enough to help anyone else. When my computer starts acting different, it usually only takes running a scan to fix it. Last week it took 3 days. That's for a friend that knows more about it than I do. I tried to connect my verizon usb thing, and a box comes up saying "Macrovision manager has stopped running". Friend said it is not suppose to be there. It is not listed on the uninstall list or the programs running at startup, but I found it running under task manager. It has been uninstalled several times. After I hit "End Process" for the Macrovision, I was able to connect. I always disconnect the verizon if i'm going to be off for more than a few minutes. Have NOrton 360, It doesn't see a problem.
        > When i sign on as administrator to try to uninstall it, It says "Firefox is not responding". Sorry for my lack of computer language.
        >
        > Erica

      • Gunter
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
          Erica, it may sound very drastically, but I assume that the virus did more
          damage than noticeable.

          Since you cannot connect to the WEB I would recommend discarding this hard
          disk and start from scratch.

          Whatever virus checker you used in the past, did not do the expected job.
          Once you are up again, download Windows Security essentials and run it on
          the old and the new hard disk. Than copy your documents over and format the
          old disk.

          (If you are operating from a Lap Top, get a little USB case ($12) to put
          your old drive in it. After formatting later, it can become your backup
          device.)

          Gunter

          I ran another Norton scan and it did pick up a virus and some threats, they
          are fixed. Still, starting it up from shutdown, it takes forever to just get
          to where I connect with verizon usb, but then it doesn't respond. I have to
          go to task manager and end process on the macrovision, then it doesn't work
          like it used to, but I can connect and get my mail and to other sites most
          of the time. Doesn't someone have any advice on what to do about this? Thank
          YOU.

          Erica

          --- In Windows_Vista_operating_system@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:Windows_Vista_operating_system%40yahoogroups.com> , "chierica11"
          <chierica11@...> wrote:

          > I feel bad that I only write when I have a problem, but I still dont know
          enough to help anyone else. When my computer starts acting different, it
          usually only takes running a scan to fix it. Last week it took 3 days.
          That's for a friend that knows more about it than I do. I tried to connect
          my verizon usb thing, and a box comes up saying "Macrovision manager has
          stopped running". Friend said it is not suppose to be there. It is not
          listed on the uninstall list or the programs running at startup, but I found
          it running under task manager. It has been uninstalled several times. After
          I hit "End Process" for the Macrovision, I was able to connect. I always
          disconnect the verizon if i'm going to be off for more than a few minutes.
          Have NOrton 360, It doesn't see a problem.
          > When i sign on as administrator to try to uninstall it, It says "Firefox
          is not responding". Sorry for my lack of computer language.

          > Erica

        • Muhammad Irfan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
            Starting from scratch is�not a technical way, Erica you have to configure MacroVision Software manager for not checking program updates automatically. Then download the following software
            http://uninstall-plus.bitqueue-solutions.qarchive.org/, run it and follow the instruction.

            MacroVision Software manager is now removed from your system.

            With Regards.

            ________________________________

            <chierica11@...> wrote:

            > I feel bad that I only write when I have a problem, but I still dont know
            enough to help anyone else. When my computer starts acting different, it
            usually only takes running a scan to fix it. Last week it took 3 days.
            That's for a friend that knows more about it than I do. I tried to connect
            my verizon usb thing, and a box comes up saying "Macrovision manager has
            stopped running". Friend said it is not suppose to be there. It is not
            listed on the uninstall list or the programs running at startup, but I found
            it running under task manager. It has been uninstalled several times. After
            I hit "End Process" for the Macrovision, I was able to connect. I always
            disconnect the verizon if i'm going to be off for more than a few minutes.
            Have NOrton 360, It doesn't see a problem.
            > When i sign on as administrator to try to uninstall it, It says "Firefox
            is not responding". Sorry for my lack of computer language.

            > Erica

          • chierica11
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 26, 2010
              Thank you. I understand "download" but can you explain what "configure" means? Is Macrovision a virus then? I cant get on the computer at all unless I go to task manager and "end process" on the macrovision. Then it works again.

              Thank You,
              Erica

              --- In Windows_Vista_operating_system@yahoogroups.com, Muhammad Irfan <mirfan7077@...> wrote:

              > Starting from scratch is not a technical way, Erica you have to configure MacroVision Software manager for not checking program updates automatically. Then download the following software
              > http://uninstall-plus.bitqueue-solutions.qarchive.org/, run it and follow the instruction.
              >
              > MacroVision Software manager is now removed from your system.
              >
              > With Regards.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Muhammad Irfan
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 28, 2010
                If Macrovision is a virus then it is being starting automaically, first try to
                stop running it automatically by doing following task:
                Click on start then controll panel then administrative tools and then double
                click on system configuration, and click on "startup" tab,    under   "Startup
                Item" you will see checked value of "Macrovision or its services" , uncheck
                it and then click ok, you will be prompted to restart your system, do it.
                Macrovision or its services will not be start again.  Please give feed back.

                With Regards