Re: I have found a weblink that lets you download windows vista oem .

  • rstrebendt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2010
      --- In Windows_Vista_operating_system@yahoogroups.com, "volvo3602002" <volvo3602002@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      > I have found a weblink that lets you download windows
      > vista oem. It is ideal if you have brought a laptop or computer
      > without a windows vista reinstallation disk. Here is the link
      > http://hotfile.com/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

      I have trashed the link in this message to try to keep some other poor gullible soul from trashing his system.

      If you use this link you are out of your mind. First off, what the joker who is maintaining that site is doing is illegal. Second, what you download may bear no resemblance to what you thought you were downloading. I have heard of such downloads that did things like install Trojan horses and others that trashed the disks on the computer by writing garbage all over the disks, including the boot tracks.

      Downloading and installing something like this is like playing Russian Roulette with a loaded .45 automatic.

      Rich Strebendt