Encrypted files on Win XP

  • XP-Tweaks
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      Have some encrypted files.
      Windows XP is corrupt & cannot boot.

      How can i recover the files?
      What can i do?

    • Gail
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        A quickie, can't help fully but take a tip from someone who lost all her files, don't do anything till you get full answers. There is a special file windows uses, you need to get that back first. You can do that by accessing your hard drive by other means usually.

        I'[m sure others will alswer who have the knowledge to help.

        Gail

        XP-Tweaks <taaleel@...> wrote:
        Have some encrypted files.
        Windows XP is corrupt & cannot boot.

        How can i recover the files?
        What can i do?

      • Garry
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          I would remove the hd and place in a second pc as slave and try and see
          if I could see the files using the second PC, if so then use the program
          you used to encrypt the file and unencrypt it.

          You might have to run a check disk on the drive before you can read from
          it without errors.

          Garry B