2395Re: [win8] Re: [WinXPPro] My XP optimization tips (feel free to add or comment)

  • John Koehler
    Jan 12, 2014
      On Sun, 1/12/14, Christopher J. <christopherjoseph.j.s@...> wrote:

      Subject: Re: [win8] Re: [WinXPPro] My XP optimization tips (feel free to add or comment)
      To: windows_8_operating_system@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 8:35 AM

      On Sun, 1/12/14, Christopher J. <christopherjoseph.j.s@...> wrote:

      To: windows_8_operating_system@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 8:35 AM

      Charles,
      A job well done and thank you for sharing your
      knowledge.

           I hope you do not
      mind, I created a Word document of this and will give it to
      my customers. For many, if not all, this will be over their
      head  :-)  Better to have too much information than none
      at all {my opinion}.

      Kind regards,
      Christopher J. Spilker
      ===============================
      Although posts are considered to be in the public domain but it would be nice if you specifically asked Charles for his permission and you might ask him if he would like you to include his personal email address as well. Thanks for asking. It would also be great if you would be willing to provide the source of this information, our Yahoo groups :

      Windows_XP_Professional@yahoogroups.com,
      Windows_Vista_operating_system@yahoogroups.com,
      Windows_7_Operating_System@yahoogroups.com,
      windows_8_operating_system@yahoogroups.com

      And I would like to add one program to Charle's list which I think is extremely valuable: Agent Ransack is at http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

      It can be used to search (an entire hard drive or an individual folder) for things. For example:

      *john* will search for files and folders that contain the string john
      *john*.jpg will search for pictures with john in the name
      *.mp3 will find all music files

      You can use Boolean expressions AND, OR, NOT - I have always used the free version but with the paid version one can save the results plus. It is one of my favorite applications.

      BTW while I am thinking of it - there IS software that I have paid for including: Sony Vegas movie studio and Architecture (to construct DVD movies), Photoshop (which I can't live without lol), SONAR a music MIDI generating program and others.

      John