Re: [WinEdt] WinEdt cannot run

  • Gabriel A. Lozada
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2004
      You asked:

      >Should I install the Miktex first?

      Yes. But you can also install it after WinEdt; WinEdt will then detect
      that MiKTeX has been added to your system.

      >So WinEdt is not an independent software
      >working alone?

      That's right, WinEdt is not an independent software working alone.

      After installing MiKTeX, you might want to start up WinEdt, click on
      "Document", then "Current Work (samples)", then "LaTeX demo". This will
      bring up a sample file which you can send to MiKTeX to process by just
      clicking on WinEdt's "LaTeX" button.
      ---Gabriel