Here's that reminder again, 1/6/2009, 12:00 am

  • WilsonsAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5 5:44 AM
      Reminder from: WilsonsAlmanac Yahoo! Group

      Title: Here's that reminder again

      Date: Tuesday January 6, 2009
      Time: All Day
      Notes: Dear Almaniacs from the four corners of the globe,

      http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/subs.html

      This message is scheduled to arrive once a month in your in-tray and I respectfully request that you read it from time to time.

      I started the Almanac way back on the first day of the millennium, 01-01-01, after more than 25 years of collecting Almanac material.

      Long before the Internet -- even before personal computers -- I'd collected more than a million words of folklore, etc, for every day of the year.

      Today, www.wilsonsalmanac.com's Book of Days has nearly 4 million words and the whole Almanac project nearly doubles that. It would seem that this is the biggest such project on the Net. Since January 1, 2001, I have done my level best to bring thousands of Almaniacs worldwide many reasons and many ways to celebrate each day of the year ... to "seize the day". I hope to do it for many years to come, dedicated to inspiring, informing and entertaining, in that order.

      Just as some software is freeware, some is shareware, and some you pay for, my vision for Wilson's Almanac has always been that if I do my job well, my readers will support the work and help with the bills. And your support has always been forthcoming.

      http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/subs.html is the page I would really like you to look at, and I request that you consider supporting the Almanac.

      This is my livelihood, just as your livelihood is your livelihood, and this is how I pay the Internet bills as well as put the food on my table. Each of must do what we must do in this life. This has been and still is my path. You have no obligation whatsoever to support my path, but I request that you *will* do so regularly, if you can. However, "If need be, read free". My free gift still stands, with joy in my heart.

      Thank you, and bright blessings to all. Carpe diem! Seize the day!

      Abundance and gratitude from the almanackist of your free daily almanac.

      Pip