NN: Lego robotics camp! June 10-14th; Spaces available

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2013
      See last year's camp-
      http://eilego.blogspot.com/2012/06/lego-camp-what-great-week.html
      Please email me for a registration form!

      The Electrical Invaders is a 4 year robotics team who is hosting their second robotics camp on June 10-14th, a team fundraiser and community S.T.E.A.M. engagement program.

      In just one week, your 7-12 year old future engineer will learn:
      Light & color sensor
      Ultrasonic sensor
      Servo sensors
      sound sensor
      & touch sensor
      All in exciting, hands-on ways.

      The camp is overseen by Brandy Bergenstock, coach and veteran camp senior counselor who has lead camps at ID tech and Montessori for robotics, and co-taught with amazing teen counselors and team members from Electrical Invaders. The camper to counselor ratio is 2:1, so your child's questions are sure to be answered quickly and knowledgeably.

      Why should your child come?
      Imagine it, build it and watch it go! Powered by the LEGO MINDSTORM Education NXT Base Set and Software, our Lego Robotics Programming course explores the exciting world of robotics! The powerful, easy-to-use programming software introduces students to Robot Educator, a step-by-step digital guide for beginner to intermediate levels. Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, that help students collect and analyze data from robot sensors. (Sorry Mac users, while it says Macs can use the software, our success rate has been very low for getting it to actually work.)

      There are 5 spots available in the 9:30-1 camp for 7-9 years olds.
      There are 4 spots available in the 12:30-3:30 camp for 9-12 years olds.
      (Early camp eats lunch so the time is actually the same in each camp. The half hour over lay is so we can work on Instant Challenges that work on team building and creative problem solving skills.)

      Please email me for a registration form!
      Regards,
      Brandy