Re: Ecco Romani text books

  • phisharts
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
      Brandy,
      What company was that? Can you post the website? I didn't know that
      Ecce had a workbook.
      Thanks!

      --- In Williamsburgcoop@yahoogroups.com, "Brandy" <bergiemoore@...>
      wrote:

      > I urge all students (and parents) who will taking Latin next semester
      > to please go ahead now and get your text book and workbook. I put in
      > my order about a week ago to the company L Houghton suggested, and
      > they have just now sent out my books to me. I found the website that
      > Houghton sent us to be one of the cheaper sources of that material.
      > Even Amazon wasn't cheaper, and they were more on the workbook because
      > I had to pay for separate shipping. ( I'm not sure if Rainbow Resource
      > has it. That might be worth looking into. )
      > Hope you are all having a great summer,
      > Brandy

    • Jocelyn Swanson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 10, 2008
        Brandy -

        I just read the description on Latin and wonder if my 4th grader (Winnie) is too young. Ms. Houghton indicated it would be best to start at 6th. Let me know what you think.If that is the case, we can just do geography and art for 9 and up. I am out of town and just realized you probably don't have my release form. I'll have to send that to you next weekend when I return and have a printer. Is that okay? Did we make it into the art and geography class?

        Thanks,
        Jocelyn

        To: Williamsburgcoop@yahoogroups.comFrom: bergiemoore@...: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:54:08 +0000Subject: [Williamsburgcoop] Ecco Romani text books

        I urge all students (and parents) who will taking Latin next semesterto please go ahead now and get your text book and workbook. I put inmy order about a week ago to the company L Houghton suggested, andthey have just now sent out my books to me. I found the website thatHoughton sent us to be one of the cheaper sources of that material. Even Amazon wasn't cheaper, and they were more on the workbook becauseI had to pay for separate shipping. ( I'm not sure if Rainbow Resourcehas it. That might be worth looking into. )Hope you are all having a great summer,Brandy

      • Brandy
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 11, 2008
          --- In Williamsburgcoop@yahoogroups.com, Jocelyn Swanson
          <write2say@...> wrote:

          > Brandy -
          >
          > I just read the description on Latin and wonder if my 4th grader
          (Winnie) is too young. Ms. Houghton indicated it would be best to
          start at 6th. Let me know what you think.
          My opinion on this may be skewed because my dd was not a natural at
          grammar. The reason that Latin is taught as a middle school, high
          school program is that you really have to understand direct objects,
          prepositions, the role of verbs and their conjugations, etc. if
          you're 4th grader is good at grammar, then by all means, add them to
          the class. But if your child isn't, then waiting may be best. I
          think s/he would have been fine to have the Prima Latina, because that
          was much easier, but the Ecco Romani is a high school program.

          If that is the case, we can just do geography and art for 9 and up. I
          am out of town and just realized you probably don't have my release
          form. I'll have to send that to you next weekend when I return and
          have a printer. Is that okay? Did we make it into the art and
          geography class?
          She is registered in both classes. I'm sorry I didn't get back with
          you about that. Let me know if you wish to add Latin to the mix.

          Regards,
          Brandy
        • phisharts
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 11, 2008
            Jocelyn,
            I just wanted to add my 2ecents. My daughter a rising 3rd grader has
            taken Latin via Jenney and Ecce Romani for the last 2years. Laura
            concentrated on vocabulary enrichment rather than extensisve grammar.
            She did limited translations, but she has benefited tremendously from
            it. Laura used games and songs to bring the subject to life for her.
            I just thought I'd add that.
            Blessings,
            Catryna
            <write2say@...> wrote:

            > Brandy -
            >
            > I just read the description on Latin and wonder if my 4th grader
            (Winnie) is too young. Ms. Houghton indicated it would be best to
            start at 6th. Let me know what you think.If that is the case, we can
            just do geography and art for 9 and up. I am out of town and just
            realized you probably don't have my release form. I'll have to send
            that to you next weekend when I return and have a printer. Is that
            okay? Did we make it into the art and geography class?

            > Thanks,
            > Jocelyn
            >

            > To: Williamsburgcoop@...: bergiemoore@...: Wed, 30 Jul 2008
            17:54:08 +0000Subject: [Williamsburgcoop] Ecco Romani text books

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 11, 2008
              Thanks, Catryna. I appreciate your comments. Looks like this will be perfect for us. ]

              Jocelyn

              To: Williamsburgcoop@yahoogroups.comFrom: catrynajackson@...: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 03:14:47 +0000Subject: [Williamsburgcoop] Re: Ecco Romani text books

              Jocelyn, I just wanted to add my 2ecents. My daughter a rising 3rd grader has taken Latin via Jenney and Ecce Romani for the last 2years. Laura concentrated on vocabulary enrichment rather than extensisve grammar. She did limited translations, but she has benefited tremendously from it. Laura used games and songs to bring the subject to life for her.I just thought I'd add that.Blessings,Catryna--- In Williamsburgcoop@yahoogroups.com, Jocelyn Swanson <write2say@...> wrote:>> > Brandy -> > I just read the description on Latin and wonder if my 4th grader (Winnie) is too young. Ms. Houghton indicated it would be best to start at 6th. Let me know what you think.If that is the case, we can just do geography and art for 9 and up. I am out of town and just realized you probably don't have my release form. I'll have to send that to you next weekend when I return and have a printer. Is that okay? Did we make it into the art and geography class?> > Thanks,> Jocelyn > > > > To: Williamsburgcoop@...: bergiemoore@...: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:54:08 +0000Subject: [Williamsburgcoop] Ecco Romani text books> > > > > I urge all students (and parents) who will taking Latin next semesterto please go ahead now and get your text book and workbook. I put inmy order about a week ago to the company L Houghton suggested, andthey have just now sent out my books to me. I found the website thatHoughton sent us to be one of the cheaper sources of that material. Even Amazon wasn't cheaper, and they were more on the workbook becauseI had to pay for separate shipping. ( I'm not sure if Rainbow Resourcehas it. That might be worth looking into. )Hope you are all having a great summer,Brandy > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

            • phisharts
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 11, 2008
                Jocelyn,
                I'm so glad I could help!