Re: SS2K and ACP

  • noomoon@noomoon.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
      I've reported to Bob Denny at DC-3 that ACP terminates when I try to
      connect to my SS2K. His response, copied below in part, indicates to
      me that ACP DOES NOT work with the SS2K, which has been my experience.
      If you, or anyone else, is able to use ACP and the SS2K, I'd
      appreciate any clues you might offer.

      From Bob Denny,
      "On your question: ACP1 was not designed to work with "LX200-like"
      mounts, as it uses virtually every single feature of the "real"
      LX200s,
      and depends on some of the features of the LX200 that even Meade
      doesn't
      appreciate (like switching from LAND to polar or alt-az TheSky and
      other progs use only a tiny subset of LX200 features, and thus will
      work
      with many emulators.

      ACP2, on the other hand, does support a variety of mounts, however, it
      does not provide the high degree of manual controls that ACP1 does.
      ACP2
      is re-tasked as an automation support package, with a built-in web
      server. It is not designed to support manual operations. You can find
      out more about ACP2 at http://acp2.dc3.com/. There will be an upgrade
      discount of some sort, we're working that out now. "

      Thanks,

      Chuck