Re: [William-Optics] Re: Reaching focus

  • Eddy & Muriel
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2006
      Good sugestion about the longer adapter, Laurent.

      Remember though that with the WO dielectric, you don't need a second 2"
      extender. I ordered one to use it with my ccd camera.
      Cheers,
      Eddy

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
        There is a very low cost solution for WO :

        They already have a longer tube ; the one used to build the 2" barlow
        ; selling it with no lens just as an extender should be costless for
        them and usefull for us.

        Just an idea .....

        Laurent

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy & Muriel"
        <eddymuriel@...> wrote:

        > Good sugestion about the longer adapter, Laurent.
        >
        > Remember though that with the WO dielectric, you don't need a second 2"
        > extender. I ordered one to use it with my ccd camera.
        > Cheers,
        > Eddy
      • jbsgtulsa
        Message 3 of 9 , May 25, 2008
          Hello all,

          I've been having a blast and getting good results shooting long
          exposure (5 min and a bit more..) wide field astrophotos with my ZS80.
          However, there are a few objects I'd like to tackle and boost the
          magnification just a bit. Trouble is, I can't seem to reach focus with
          anything in my bag of tricks. I've tried a 2x barlow, and a Rini
          Optics 40mmm eyepiece with a t-thread. No luck. Any ideas? (That
          won't cost a fortune..?)

          Thanks!!

          JR