Re: [William-Optics] dec stiffness

  • Dan and Carol
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2001
      Thanks Herb, buen cielo, Dan
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Herb York
      Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [William-Optics] dec stiffness

      Errr... Dan,
      I'd go with William on this one.
      Herb
      Anacortes Telescope
      www.BuyTelescopes.com
      www.AstroMart.com
      360-588-9000
      800-850-2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:39 PM

      Hi
      You can use control pad to center the star,but you must hit the "Enter " after  hit " Align"

      William

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 2001

        Many Thanks William,  Even when I use the keypad in the past, my alighnments have been very good, so the stiftness didn't matter to me til I read the new instructions on your website!  I will try your technique tho!
             You have made some mighty fine things and I really love my new Megrez 80.  I had it out to my club's last star party and they all ooed and ahhed over it, and everyone spent more time turning it's focuser back and forth than looking thru it

        My new Megrez 102 is the same. Of course, the only thing I've been able to observe is the ceiling. IIRC, this is either the 28th or 228th consecutive completely cloudy day here in Wisconsin. I'll render a report on the thing ASAP.

        Bob