AGOgrade leftovers sale.......

  • dsi_pro_wangler
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23 6:39 AM
      All,

      Since I upgraded my Zenithstar 80 to the APO flourite doublet, I just
      placed my like-new 80mm semi-APO lens and cell up for sale on
      Astromart. Sold quickly for $100.

      As my Zenithstar already had the microfocuser, I sold it for $100 as
      well.

      Net cost of my new ZS80FD APO? Just around $550.

      Woohoo!

      Keith
    • Kurt Friedrich
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 23 8:00 AM
        nice going!

        I was thinking of another use for those old lenses,
        buy two, and make you own killer binoculars.
        Good project for someone with a little bit of
        mechanical skill.

        Kurt

        --- dsi_pro_wangler <akh96@...> wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > Since I upgraded my Zenithstar 80 to the APO
        > flourite doublet, I just
        > placed my like-new 80mm semi-APO lens and cell up
        > for sale on
        > Astromart. Sold quickly for $100.
        >
        > As my Zenithstar already had the microfocuser, I
        > sold it for $100 as
        > well.
        >
        > Net cost of my new ZS80FD APO? Just around $550.
        >
        > Woohoo!
        >
        > Keith

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Timm Bottoni
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 23 8:13 AM
          Excellent!

          I have a favor to ask of you. Since you are the first here to upgrade
          the ZS80, can you describe the upgrade process in a few steps, with the
          baffle removal and replacement, and let us know if you think the
          baffles are vignetting?

          This might help others and will be used in the FAQs, since the others
          who have APOGRADEd so far have Megrez models and the baffles are inside
          the tube, not attached to the lens cell.

          Thanks,

          Timm

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "dsi_pro_wangler" <akh96@...>
          wrote:

          > All,
          >
          > Since I upgraded my Zenithstar 80 to the APO flourite doublet, I just
          > placed my like-new 80mm semi-APO lens and cell up for sale on
          > Astromart. Sold quickly for $100.
          >
          > As my Zenithstar already had the microfocuser, I sold it for $100 as
          > well.
          >
          > Net cost of my new ZS80FD APO? Just around $550.
          >
          > Woohoo!
          >
          > Keith

        • dsi_pro_wangler
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 23 6:30 PM
            Timm,

            I made a new thread with some basic observations about the process.

            Keith

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni"
            <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

            > Excellent!
            >
            > I have a favor to ask of you. Since you are the first here to
            upgrade
            > the ZS80, can you describe the upgrade process in a few steps,
            with the
            > baffle removal and replacement, and let us know if you think the
            > baffles are vignetting?
            >
            > This might help others and will be used in the FAQs, since the
            others
            > who have APOGRADEd so far have Megrez models and the baffles are
            inside
            > the tube, not attached to the lens cell.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Timm
            >
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "dsi_pro_wangler" <akh96@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > All,
            > >
            > > Since I upgraded my Zenithstar 80 to the APO flourite doublet, I
            just
            > > placed my like-new 80mm semi-APO lens and cell up for sale on
            > > Astromart. Sold quickly for $100.
            > >
            > > As my Zenithstar already had the microfocuser, I sold it for
            $100 as
            > > well.
            > >
            > > Net cost of my new ZS80FD APO? Just around $550.
            > >
            > > Woohoo!
            > >
            > > Keith

          • Timm Bottoni
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 23 7:06 PM
              Thanks - that explains it well.

              The only real difference is the baffle assembly that screws into the
              lens cell on the ZS vs the foam baffle that is inside the tube of
              the Megrez.