New to the group

  • Paul Walsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2006
      Hi

      I am new to the group. I received an invitation in my
      email to join the group. I recently had some photos
      on spaceweather.com, so this might be where someone
      got my address from.

      I am a freelance photographer for Associated Press,
      and some other publications. I live just south of
      Duluth/Superior in Bennett, Wisconsin. I live in a
      remote area, and I have very dark skies. I have just
      started taking photos of the moon and skies, and the
      aurora. I use a Canon 20d, and a 300mm 2.8, and other
      wide lenses.

      Paul M. Walsh

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chris Schroeder
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2006
        Welcome Paul, I live in the Green Bay area and own both the ZS80FD,
        AKA "The Red Temptress" and the ZS66SD, what a wonderful little
        scope. I use mine mostly for visual use but also for photography,
        both terrestrial & astro, with my Pentax *ist DL. I envy your skies,
        I have tad bit of light pollution, though my skies to the East
        aren't to bad.

        Clear skies, Chris

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Paul Walsh
        <escapedtowisconsin@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I am new to the group. I received an invitation in my
        > email to join the group. I recently had some photos
        > on spaceweather.com, so this might be where someone
        > got my address from.
        >
        > I am a freelance photographer for Associated Press,
        > and some other publications. I live just south of
        > Duluth/Superior in Bennett, Wisconsin. I live in a
        > remote area, and I have very dark skies. I have just
        > started taking photos of the moon and skies, and the
        > aurora. I use a Canon 20d, and a 300mm 2.8, and other
        > wide lenses.
        >
        > Paul M. Walsh

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Paul Walsh
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 23, 2006
          Thanks,

          I love the dark skies over here. Here is a photo of
          the moon from last week. I used a digital, with an
          eqivalent to about a 900mm lens. I dont have a
          tripod. But, I love the night skies. I can do a lot
          of things with the camera, but a scope would be nice
          sometimes.

          I live in the middle of nowhere, and I can see the sun
          come up in the morning, and set in the evening here.

          I still don't know who sent me an invite for the
          group. It just appeared today. I had several photos
          on spaceweather.com perhaps thats how they got my
          email address.

          take care
          Paul M. Walsh
          Bennett, WI