Solar filter

  • Freddy Diaz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2006
      Hi all,

      Just got my new ZS66 SD and let me congratulate William Optics (like everybody else did) for this great product.

      So far, as expected(bad weather), I have not been able to do a real test of the equipment.

      I have a question: what solar filter you know that would fit the scope?

      And just a comment to marketing (I suppose you already got that, but here it goes)

      On the inserts that came with the equipment found a printing error, the 66 triplet sheet says ZenithStar 80 refractor Specifications... now i feel better. You have such a great products that do not deserve any critisism due to a printing error ;-)

      Clear skies to all,
      Freddy

    • kmclark40222
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2006
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Freddy Diaz <fjdiazg@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Just got my new ZS66 SD ....
        >
        > I have a question: what solar filter you know that would fit the scope?

        Hi-

        I don't have a WO scope right now, but did find a solar filter for a
        70mm Mak from Burgess. Its available at

        http://www.agenaastro.com/Pages/Products_SolarFilters/products_solarfilters_complete.htm

        Prices are very reasonable. Just be sure to get the right length
        nylon thumbscrews. I needed the longer ones and didn't realize it
        until the filter came and the short screws were too short.

        Thanks.
        Kevin