Re: [William-Optics] Re: Megrez 80ED: Nice January Full Moon

  • Rick Yent
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 22, 2006
      Hey Timm,

      Thanks for all the good info.

      Yup, that's what I thought the setup was/is. I don't
      think I'll try the ep projection at this point. As is
      your case, I too have a lighter mount and without
      going to a dove tail mount with rings I think balance
      would be very difficult. It may even stress the L
      bracket or the 1/4 20 thread.

      I have done ep projection with a smaller camera (canon
      A75)and an adapter I built out of plumbing pipe. So
      far it has worked well for the moon. I have actually
      used this on my ETX-60 and then proccessed the shot in
      Registax. If I go this way I'll just shoot straight
      through the tube with the SD it will give me just over
      500mm of clear color free shots.

      Thanks again Timm, you seem to be a bottomless fount
      of information. Where do you find the time?

      Rick

      http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/dslr/EOS300Dastro.html

      http://mail.yahoo.com