Re: Optical comparison between Megrez 80 II SD and ZenithStar 80

  • Julian Mole
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
      Hi Scott,

      Yes. That helps a lot, thanks.

      The reason I asked the question; is because I have the opportunity to
      buy either of them, and was just wanting help in making my decision.

      Based on your comments, and also, what I've read on the internet; I'm
      going to buy the Megrez II SD.

      Then, at a later date, if I want Apo. performance - I can always
      upgrade it using the APOgrade package.

      It couldn't be simpler, could it!

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Walker" <sdwalker@...>
      wrote:

      > I do not have either scope but I know how they differ from a design
      stand point.The main difference is that the Megrez has a air spaced
      objective with an adjustable lens cell. The Zenith Star has a
      cemented doublet. All thinks being equal the air spaced objective
      should allow for better spherical correction. I believe both use
      similar glasses (neither use true ED glass). The adjustable lens cell
      is nice because it allows the user to make correction for collimation.

      > Hope this helps
      >
      > Scott Walker
      SD and ZenithStar 80