Re: Cleaning objective on a refractor

  • vargorc
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2006
      Fred,

      It is best to use a a soft brush or camera lens "blower" to remove dry
      dust from the objective lens. Should you ever accidentally get a
      fingerprint (which can cause permanent etching) on it, use Dr. Clay
      Sherrod's recipie for lens cleaning on his website:

      http://www.arksky.org/asoclean.htm

      I've used it very successfully to remove a fingerprint from the
      corrector lens on my 5" Maksutov (as well as eyelash grease from my
      eyepieces).

      Rick