ZS66SD blows Gamma Leonis apart!

  • Hal Jandorf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
      ZS66SD: Gamma Leonis 4.4"
      Perfect "textbook" images of this famous double star.
      Easily split at 111x (7mm Nagler + 2x barlow).
      The stars are perfect round balls at high magnification.
      There is a black sky between the components!
      Beautiful view! This refractor image spoils you if you observe through
      reflectors and SCTs. REFRACTORS RULE!
      If the seeing was better, it would show a perfect diffraction rings
      Seeing: Fair
      No flares, no coma, no false color.
      This scope is a "keeper"!
      Thanks W.O.

      --Hal Jandorf
    • dsi_pro_wangler
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2006
        Hal,

        I think that you have come to the same conclusion that a lot of us
        ZS66SD owners have reached......this is a marvelous scope.

        I have seen so many people raving about this scope; is it destined
        to become a "classic"?

        Keith

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Hal Jandorf"
        <stargazer80@...> wrote:

        > ZS66SD: Gamma Leonis 4.4"
        > Perfect "textbook" images of this famous double star.
        > Easily split at 111x (7mm Nagler + 2x barlow).
        > The stars are perfect round balls at high magnification.
        > There is a black sky between the components!
        > Beautiful view! This refractor image spoils you if you observe
        through
        > reflectors and SCTs. REFRACTORS RULE!
        > If the seeing was better, it would show a perfect diffraction rings
        > Seeing: Fair
        > No flares, no coma, no false color.
        > This scope is a "keeper"!
        > Thanks W.O.
        >
        > --Hal Jandorf

      • Dave Vosgien
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2006
          Hal...I'm glad to hear that your recent purchase is a winner after
          all the problems you had with the 66 Petzval...Dave V

          <stargazer80@...> wrote:

          > ZS66SD: Gamma Leonis 4.4"
          > Perfect "textbook" images of this famous double star.
          > Easily split at 111x (7mm Nagler + 2x barlow).
          > The stars are perfect round balls at high magnification.
          > There is a black sky between the components!
          > Beautiful view! This refractor image spoils you if you observe
          through
          > reflectors and SCTs. REFRACTORS RULE!
          > If the seeing was better, it would show a perfect diffraction rings
          > Seeing: Fair
          > No flares, no coma, no false color.
          > This scope is a "keeper"!
          > Thanks W.O.
          >
          > --Hal Jandorf

        • Hal Jandorf
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 10, 2006
            Yes, the ZS66SD is a fine scope. It does function like a refractor
            hould. --Hal