Binoviewer friendly ZS 105ED?

  • Tom M
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
      A while back there was mention of a binoviewer friendly version of the
      105ED that wouldn't require the use of the 1.6x adapter. Since I'm
      thinking about getting the 105ED and have a WO binoviewer if this
      version of the 105ED is "just around the corner" I may choose to wait
      a bit.
    • williamopticsmarketing
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
        In fact, the zenithstar 105 in its present production forms is ALREADY
        already bino-friendly (no corrector required) and is supported very
        well by our ezt alt-alt mount. In other words, it makes a great
        observation combo with said accessories. We also tested it with the 90
        deg. erecting prism, and it is pretty amazing how it performs at
        night...

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Tom M" <tgmorris@...> wrote:

        > A while back there was mention of a binoviewer friendly version of
        the
        > 105ED that wouldn't require the use of the 1.6x adapter. Since I'm
        > thinking about getting the 105ED and have a WO binoviewer if this
        > version of the 105ED is "just around the corner" I may choose to wait
        > a bit.

      • Tom M
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
          That's good to hear.

          A point of clarification though... Does that mean I can use the 105ED
          with a diagonal and the binoviewer and reach focus w/o the corrector
          or does it need to be used straight-through in order to acheive focus?
          Since the package doesn't come with an extension (ala the ZS80FD) I'm
          thinking it needs to be used straight through to reach focus.
          Hopefully I'm wrong!

          Thanks,
          Tom

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamopticsmarketing"
          <williamopticsmarketing@...> wrote:

          > In fact, the zenithstar 105 in its present production forms is ALREADY
          > already bino-friendly (no corrector required) and is supported very
          > well by our ezt alt-alt mount. In other words, it makes a great
          > observation combo with said accessories. We also tested it with the 90
          > deg. erecting prism, and it is pretty amazing how it performs at
          > night...
          >

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Tom M" <tgmorris@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A while back there was mention of a binoviewer friendly version of
          > the
          > > 105ED that wouldn't require the use of the 1.6x adapter. Since I'm
          > > thinking about getting the 105ED and have a WO binoviewer if this
          > > version of the 105ED is "just around the corner" I may choose to wait
          > > a bit.

        • williamopticsmarketing
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
            Nice seeing+EAZY-T+ZS 105 APO + diagonal + binoviewers no OCA (I
            recommend trying the UWAN 16mm!) + your eye = WOW

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Tom M" <tgmorris@...> wrote:

            > That's good to hear.
            >
            > A point of clarification though... Does that mean I can use the
            105ED
            > with a diagonal and the binoviewer and reach focus w/o the corrector
            > or does it need to be used straight-through in order to acheive
            focus?
            > Since the package doesn't come with an extension (ala the ZS80FD)
            I'm
            > thinking it needs to be used straight through to reach focus.
            > Hopefully I'm wrong!
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Tom
            >
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamopticsmarketing"
            > <williamopticsmarketing@> wrote:
            > >
            > > In fact, the zenithstar 105 in its present production forms is
            ALREADY
            > > already bino-friendly (no corrector required) and is supported
            very
            > > well by our ezt alt-alt mount. In other words, it makes a great
            > > observation combo with said accessories. We also tested it with
            the 90
            > > deg. erecting prism, and it is pretty amazing how it performs at
            > > night...
            > >

            > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Tom M" <tgmorris@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > A while back there was mention of a binoviewer friendly version
            of
            > > the
            > > > 105ED that wouldn't require the use of the 1.6x adapter. Since
            I'm
            > > > thinking about getting the 105ED and have a WO binoviewer if
            this
            > > > version of the 105ED is "just around the corner" I may choose
            to wait
            > > > a bit.

          • Tom M
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
              On a slightly different vein - is the FLT-110 also usable with
              binoviewers w/o an OCA?