WO .8 focal reducer - interesting site

  • Timm Bottoni
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 6:52 AM
      Hi all,

      I found this site via the Celestron ASGT mount Yahoo Group.

      http://www.saratogaskies.com/articles/ed80-reducers/index.html

      The author concludes that the WO.8x focal reducer produced the best
      imaging results on an ED80 scope.

      Check out his other images as well if you get a chance, and his noise
      analysis of the Digital Rebel/Rebel XT if you are interested.

      http://www.saratogaskies.com/

      If you are not interested in this sort of thing, just move on ;-)

      Good day to all!

      Timm
    • reim58
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 9:53 AM
        Interesting results. The .63 reducer shot has something wrong with
        it. This is a shot I took of M45 with the Meade .63 reducer on the
        Megrez 80FD. The image is reduced to 50%. The results were better
        than I expected.

        http://www.pbase.com/reim58/image/54214816/original

        Bob

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni" <t.bottoni@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I found this site via the Celestron ASGT mount Yahoo Group.
        >
        > http://www.saratogaskies.com/articles/ed80-reducers/index.html
        >
        > The author concludes that the WO.8x focal reducer produced the best
        > imaging results on an ED80 scope.
        >
        > Check out his other images as well if you get a chance, and his
        noise
        > analysis of the Digital Rebel/Rebel XT if you are interested.
        >
        > http://www.saratogaskies.com/
        >
        > If you are not interested in this sort of thing, just move on ;-)
        >
        > Good day to all!
        >
        > Timm

      • williamopticsmarketing
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 3:28 AM
          Thanks for sharing that with the goup, Timm! Synta 80 ED users are
          warned! ;-)