GT-ONE HD

  • m81@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2001
      Herb,
      I wanted to send you a private messege but I don't have your off
      hours email address. Could you send it to me at m81@...
      I'll sent it to you at work as well.

      Thanks,

      Rob La Pointe
    • Herb York
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2001
        Off hours?
        Use the ztrmann@... or herb@...
        Off hours? - I like the sound of it but........
        Thanks
        Herb
        Anacortes Telescope
        www.BuyTelescopes.com
        www.AstroMart.com
        360-588-9000
        800-850-2001
        > I wanted to send you a private messege but I don't have your off
        > hours email address. Could you send it to me at m81@...
        > I'll sent it to you at work as well.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Rob La Pointe

      • Rob La Pointe
        Message 3 of 15 , May 2, 2001
          Well, I've inaugurated my new GT-ONE HD mount this evening and I have to
          say; it performs wonderfully. It arrive yesterday and I set it up right
          away only to notice a cosmetic blemish on the mount head. Needless to say
          after spending $4000.00, I was a little bummed. I told Herb about it and he
          relayed it to William and inside 12 hours arrangements were made to take
          care of it.

          I have to tell you that I am a very happy customer and both Herb (and all
          the gang) and William (and his gang) mean what they say as far as making it
          right. I will come back again and again. Thanks Herb and William.

          As far as the mount goes, pointing is the only thing I've tried so far and
          it is phenomenal. I've owned a 12" LX 200 and the Sky Sensor in conjunction
          with the GT is far superior. It's carrying a C-14 with a Tak FS 102
          (occasionally) piggy backed as well as an imaging load and it just purrs
          along. Very solid and quick image stability when the scope or pier are
          rapped. Total damping in about 1.5 seconds.

          Finally my mount looks as stocky as the C-14. One word comes to mind
          "Beefy"

          I will post images and PE calculations take from the mount toward the end of
          the month.

          Regards,

          Rob La Pointe

          www.energyandmatter.com
        • Dan and Carol
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2001
            Glad you got it Rob, its the most fun toy I ever bought myself <g>. Buen
            cielo, Dan NM