ZS 80 FD

  • Pedro Scorza
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi, Just received my anniversary scope, beatiful instrument, but
      anybody knows for sure the meaning of TMB codesigned in the lens cell,
      also which glass was used?
    • Louis Marchesi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2006
        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza" <psv1726@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, Just received my anniversary scope, beatiful instrument, but
        > anybody knows for sure the meaning of TMB codesigned in the lens cell,
        > also which glass was used?

        Pedro,

        I don't know the glasses used in the ZSFD 80, but "Co-designed by TMB"
        means that the doublet lens design was done in collaboration with
        Thomas M. Back, a noted optical designer here in the US.

        Check out TMB at www.tmboptical.com

        Regards,
        Louis Marchesi
        New London Twp, PA, US
      • Pedro Scorza
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2006
          Yes, I know about Thomas Back, but what I want to know is at what
          level he was involved in the design, or if it is only an endorsement,
          also do anybody knows if there is fluorite element or it is a glass
          with fluorite content?

          Pedro.

          ---
          In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Marchesi" <lmarchesi@y...>
          wrote:

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza" <psv1726@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi, Just received my anniversary scope, beatiful instrument, but
          > > anybody knows for sure the meaning of TMB codesigned in the lens
          cell,
          > > also which glass was used?
          > >

          > Pedro,
          >
          > I don't know the glasses used in the ZSFD 80, but "Co-designed by
          TMB"
          > means that the doublet lens design was done in collaboration with
          > Thomas M. Back, a noted optical designer here in the US.
          >
          > Check out TMB at www.tmboptical.com
          >
          > Regards,
          > Louis Marchesi
          > New London Twp, PA, US

        • jcgarcia_gil
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
            Pedro, it seems that your scope has fluorite lens. Have a look to the
            William Optics website (see specifications for your scope).

            Regards,

            --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza" <psv1726@...> wrote:

            > Yes, I know about Thomas Back, but what I want to know is at what
            > level he was involved in the design, or if it is only an endorsement,
            > also do anybody knows if there is fluorite element or it is a glass
            > with fluorite content?
            >
            > Pedro.
            >

            > ---
            > In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Marchesi" <lmarchesi@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza" <psv1726@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi, Just received my anniversary scope, beatiful instrument, but
            > > > anybody knows for sure the meaning of TMB codesigned in the lens
            > cell,
            > > > also which glass was used?
            > > >

            > > Pedro,
            > >
            > > I don't know the glasses used in the ZSFD 80, but "Co-designed by
            > TMB"
            > > means that the doublet lens design was done in collaboration with
            > > Thomas M. Back, a noted optical designer here in the US.
            > >
            > > Check out TMB at www.tmboptical.com
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Louis Marchesi
            > > New London Twp, PA, US

          • Pedro Scorza
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "jcgarcia_gil"
              <jcgarcia_gil@...> wrote:

              > Pedro, it seems that your scope has fluorite lens. Have a look to
              the
              > William Optics website (see specifications for your scope).
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza" <psv1726@>
              wrote:

              > > Yes, I know about Thomas Back, but what I want to know is at what
              > > level he was involved in the design, or if it is only an
              endorsement,
              > > also do anybody knows if there is fluorite element or it is a
              glass
              > > with fluorite content?
              > >
              > > Pedro.
              > >

              > > ---
              > > In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Marchesi"
              <lmarchesi@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza"
              <psv1726@y...>

              > > cell,
              > > > >

              > > > Pedro,
              > > >
              > > > I don't know the glasses used in the ZSFD 80, but "Co-designed
              by
              > > TMB"
              > > > means that the doublet lens design was done in collaboration
              with
              > > > Thomas M. Back, a noted optical designer here in the US.
              > > >
              > > > Check out TMB at www.tmboptical.com
              > > >
              > > > Regards,
              > > > Louis Marchesi
              > > > New London Twp, PA, US

            • Pedro Scorza
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
                Remember Fluorite lenses come in 2 types, one is a fluorite crystal
                grown in the lab, the other is glass with fluorite content, which one
                is used in the 80 FD?

                -
                <jcgarcia_gil@...> wrote:

                > Pedro, it seems that your scope has fluorite lens. Have a look to
                the
                > William Optics website (see specifications for your scope).
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza" <psv1726@>
                wrote:

                > > Yes, I know about Thomas Back, but what I want to know is at what
                > > level he was involved in the design, or if it is only an
                endorsement,
                > > also do anybody knows if there is fluorite element or it is a
                glass
                > > with fluorite content?
                > >
                > > Pedro.
                > >

                > > ---
                > > In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Marchesi"
                <lmarchesi@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza"
                <psv1726@y...>

                > > cell,
                > > > >

                > > > Pedro,
                > > >
                > > > I don't know the glasses used in the ZSFD 80, but "Co-designed
                by
                > > TMB"
                > > > means that the doublet lens design was done in collaboration
                with
                > > > Thomas M. Back, a noted optical designer here in the US.
                > > >
                > > > Check out TMB at www.tmboptical.com
                > > >
                > > > Regards,
                > > > Louis Marchesi
                > > > New London Twp, PA, US

              • Ian King
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
                  I have no idea... but does it matter? the performance of the lens
                  is as much to do with the mating Crown element and various other
                  factors as well.

                  ATB

                  Ian

                  Http://www.IanKingImaging.com