Fw: OAG For an FLT 110

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2006

      From: Kevin
      Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 2:04 PM
      Subject: OAG For an FLT 110

      This message was sent earlier today but has not appeared! So this is a test.

      Hello all

      Does anyone have any advice or information on guiding an FLT 110 while using a Canon 20Da.
      We tried using a Van Slyke Slider last night but were unable to reach focus.  Someone has suggested trying
      a Celestron OAG so I thought I would ask the experts on this group for help!
      A little info:
      It was first light for the scope and camera combination and we spent over 2 hours trying every
      combination of adapter tube and gizmo we had with us but nothing would work.  We were just about
      to give up on the camera when someone picked it up and put it straight into the back of the
      tube and found focus. The pictures taken this way are a bit hit and miss but some of them were Jaw Droppingly
      good.  We came to the conclusion that with the Slider in place there was not enough in-focus travel on the draw tube.
      We hope one of the good people on this forum can help.

      Thanks in advance

      Kev