new photo section on YAHOO group

  • williamopticsmarketing
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2006
      Ok, I think Yahoo did it. I am quite clear yet on what happened, but
      the photos folders changed. I hope for the better...

      I am sure our efficient moderators Kurt & Timm will know what's best to
      do with these photos... In the meanwhile, please don't stop posting and
      sharing with all! Remember our address:
      photo@...

      for our WO Gallery & upcoming photo contest (rules will be posted after
      Chinese New Year- early Feb.). All submitted pictures will be entered
      in the prize contest.

      Daniel
    • Timm Bottoni
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2006
        Hi all,

        Yes, the "upgrade" to the photos folders is now officiall in place.

        The biggest differences as I see them are...

        1) No more subfolders (Yahoo calls the new folders "albums"), but
        Yahoo converted the names of our subfolders to include the prior
        names, which works OK, I guess - we have no choice, so please name
        your folders in a logical way. I don't think I can change the Album
        names.
        2) New pictures will now be listed on the Home page of the group,
        which makes it really easy to see what new pictures got posted...
        just click the "New Photos" link.
        3) Photo sizes - this is the most unique change. Larger sizes are
        now available, and automatically created, but the original huge size
        that you might try to upload will no longer be saved. In the old
        setup, the original photo was only viewable by the owner of the
        photo, and the moderators, and this is what gobbled up so much space,
        so we had to remove them.

        Hope this makes sense, and you can read more about it if you like by
        clicking the "What's New" link at the top of the main Photos page.

        Timm

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamopticsmarketing"