Re: [William-Optics] Re: LXD55 and ZS80 question ( mounting solution for WO scopes)

  • Rudi
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
      Raul,
      Will your adapter work with the Orion 80ed also.
      I just got one and would like to use it on my Konus
      mount
      (which happens to be in ups world somewhare on its way
      to me).
      And should I get the short or longer one?
      Thanks in advance.
      Rudi

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Raul
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
        Hi Rudi, does the orion 80ED mounting block have more than one
        threaded hole (or one threaded and one unthreaded at least)?
        If it has more than one, I can recommend our adapter (the 6" one),
        but if it has only one, I don't think it would be safe to use our
        adapter and instead would recomend that you use tube rings and a
        dovetail (like our 8" model).
        Raul.

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Rudi <wa2nub@y...> wrote:

        > Raul,
        > Will your adapter work with the Orion 80ed also.
        > I just got one and would like to use it on my Konus
        > mount
        > (which happens to be in ups world somewhare on its way
        > to me).
        > And should I get the short or longer one?
        > Thanks in advance.
        > Rudi

        > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        > dsl.yahoo.com

      • Rudi
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
          Raul,
          Nah, it has a plain block bolted to the tube with 2
          screws approx 2" apart at the center of the tube; the
          balance point with an eyepiece? An Orion rail would
          mean this piece would have to be removed and lose the
          tripod mount.
          Rudi

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com