SAC8.5 camera

  • konaangler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
      Do any of you use one of the SAC CCD imaging products? I am interested in their SAC8.5
      camera and any comparisons to other CCD imaging alternatives.
    • astronights1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
        Why Yes I use a SAC Camera,
        I have the 8.2 This camera for the cost is absolutly incredible.
        it is a take off off the JG Mod of the BW security camera and the
        SAC8.5 is just a USB only verion of it.

        It's sensitivity is unmached for it's price but you should realise
        that with savings comes some lack of quality.

        The 8 is a 8BIT camera and is limited by this fact,
        However...
        the SAC8.5 has been discontinued for a future model based on the
        SAC10 camera currently being built by SAC (3.3mp one shot color)
        The new SAC10/NGC Lines will use a mariad of possible 16Bit BW or
        48Bit Color CCD chips that will be interchangable in the camera head.

        If you want to shoot color I would suggest the new Orion Starshooter
        (this is also manufactured by SAC for Orion) It's a True 16bit camera
        1 shot color for the same cost as the SAC8.5.

        I would suggest that you Vist the SAC Yahoo group and pose the
        question there, it is a Excellent community of users that are very
        helpful pointing users in the right direction.
        Good Luck and Clear Skies.
        John

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, konaangler <no_reply@y...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
          I thought I might be in error but did notice the low image quality you mention. I did join
          the SAC Yahoo group and will persue questions there.

          What is your current equipment set up?

          Thank you for your reply.

          John