Re: LXD55 and ZS80 question ( mounting solution for WO scopes)

  • Raul
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
      Thanks to you Timm.
      Raul.
      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni"
      <t.bottoni@c...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the information and web site link Raul.
      >
      > And thank you for requesting permission.
      >
      > Hopefully your product will help others
      >
      > Timm
      >

      > > Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now
      and I
      > > have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also
      own a
      > > WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because
      there
      > > was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
      > > design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes
      > and
      > > the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I
      started
      > an
      > > astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
      > > this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
      > > them on Astromart:
      > >
      > > http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?
      > classified_id=399664
      > >
      > > Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
      > > attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the
      bracket
      > > and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure
      that
      > > those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive
      solution
      > > right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO
      > scope
      > > (and probably endanger your warranty).
      > >
      > > Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.
      > >
      > > PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I
      requested
      > > permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
      > > information.

    • Rudi
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
        Raul,
        Will your adapter work with the Orion 80ed also.
        I just got one and would like to use it on my Konus
        mount
        (which happens to be in ups world somewhare on its way
        to me).
        And should I get the short or longer one?
        Thanks in advance.
        Rudi

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • Raul
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
          Hi Rudi, does the orion 80ED mounting block have more than one
          threaded hole (or one threaded and one unthreaded at least)?
          If it has more than one, I can recommend our adapter (the 6" one),
          but if it has only one, I don't think it would be safe to use our
          adapter and instead would recomend that you use tube rings and a
          dovetail (like our 8" model).
          Raul.

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Rudi <wa2nub@y...> wrote:

          > Raul,
          > Will your adapter work with the Orion 80ed also.
          > I just got one and would like to use it on my Konus
          > mount
          > (which happens to be in ups world somewhare on its way
          > to me).
          > And should I get the short or longer one?
          > Thanks in advance.
          > Rudi

          > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          > dsl.yahoo.com

        • Rudi
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
            Raul,
            Nah, it has a plain block bolted to the tube with 2
            screws approx 2" apart at the center of the tube; the
            balance point with an eyepiece? An Orion rail would
            mean this piece would have to be removed and lose the
            tripod mount.
            Rudi

            Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            dsl.yahoo.com