Re: Questions on the Zenithstar 66

  • Tom Trusock
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
      Your best bet would be to call David and see. He'll be able to
      answer your questions and help you figure out what best fits your
      observing style.

      Tom T.

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "mattiewolfhound" <harp@s...>
      wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I just joined this group and I am interested in getting the
      Zenithstar
      > 66. I have narrowed by choice to two versions: the ED 66 with the
      > Astronomy package and the 66 Doublet APO.

      If budget is not a problem, I'd recommend going with the doublet.

      > 4. I have the Universal Astronomics Microstar mount that I want to
      > use. Will this work with the Zenithstar 66 or do I need to get a
      > doveplate?

      Yes, but you will have to leave the focuser rotated vertically
      because the OTA is so short. Not really a problem, but worth
      mentioning just the same.