Re: is there anyway to collimate the 2" Crayford Upgrade Focuser for Synta Refra

  • Timm Bottoni
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hi Tony,

      Since most of us here have WO scopes, I'm not sure anyone will be
      able to answer the collimation question, and I don't know if the
      Synta upgrade has any sort of alignment screws on it, but it doesn't
      look like it does from the WO website, or from the instructions.

      If you want to somehow adjust the focuser to the scope, or the
      collimation, I would suggest using a star test, as I don't think that
      making changes using a laser with the hole approach you mentioned
      would be precise enough. Unless things are way off with your
      existing focuser, I don't think you should have to shim anything.

      As to comparissons to other models, your guess is as good as mine...
      does anyone else know?

      Timm

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Garrity" <tony@g...>