GT ONE tripod/mount

  • Robert MacKay
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2001

      I am wondering about the mount base that attaches to the tripod legs on the GT-ONE. How similar is it to the mount base of a GP-DX?  I have a fantastic custom tripod for my GP-DX and would like to be able to use it with a GT-ONE without any adapters.

      thanks

      Rob
    • Dan and Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2001
        Hi Rob,  The GT-One base has a center hole for mounting to the tripod head.  It is not flush with the base bottom either!  It has a 1-1/4" seating flange that extends past the bottom of the base.
             I have mounted the GT-One on my old LX50 tripod by first setting an automobile carburator adapter plate on top of the tripod head and then the GT-One.  It worked fantastic and gave me 1.5 million miles more to the gallon!  Bueno, Dan  NM