Re: Diferencia entre un ZenithStar 66 Semi Apo Petzval y un ZenithStar 80

  • fetchreturn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
      Thank you, The question is: It's better choose a bigger aperture or
      choose an APO?. I don't know, I think that you enjoy of a bigger
      aperture every moment, whereas I need a great amplification of image
      for note the adventages of an APO. Isn`t it?. It's a stupid thing
      what I say?. I'm a rookie in this.

      (As you can see my English is really bad.)

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamopticsmarketing"
      <williamopticsmarketing@y...> wrote:

      > Aitor,
      >
      > considere el ZS 66 SD tambien.
      > http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/prod_tel/zssd66/features0.htm
      > El precio no es muy diferente de ZS 80, y es un APO...
      >
      > (sorry about my bad Spanish!)

    • williamopticsmarketing
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
        Better than my Spanish! ;-)

        Well, you are not making a stupid point at all. It's absolutely
        important to have clearer ideas before purchasing. Take your time.

        I believe you have to clarify to yourself what is the most important
        thing that YOU need from this telescope. There is no right or wrong
        answer, it's all about you and the pleasure you will get out of YOUR
        telescope. So...

        Now, of course for me the ideal scenario would be APO & BIG at a
        steal price, but then the equation depends on your needs and
        expectations! Not everyone needs big, not everyone values APO as
        much, right?

        JUST a few questions to ask yourself, not necessarily in this
        order... (other members will surely add more):

        1/ Will you do astrophotography with it? Mainly visual? What objects?
        2/Do portability and size constraints rank high in your books?
        3/Does some color aberration bother you much?
        4/Do you have the budget for it?
        5/How long do you plan to keep the scope for, if you liked it?
        6/Under what AVERAGE skies will you be using it?
        7/What accessories, if any, do you already have access to?
        (interoperability)

        8/ Recently brought to our attention here in the forum: are you
        married??? Will your marriage be in trouble if you decide to splash
        out?? ;-) Just kidding...

        Everyone's opionions are most welcome.

        D.

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fetchreturn"
        <fetchreturn@y...> wrote:

        > Thank you, The question is: It's better choose a bigger aperture or
        > choose an APO?. I don't know, I think that you enjoy of a bigger
        > aperture every moment, whereas I need a great amplification of
        image
        > for note the adventages of an APO. Isn`t it?. It's a stupid thing
        > what I say?. I'm a rookie in this.
        >
        > (As you can see my English is really bad.)
        >

        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamopticsmarketing"
        > <williamopticsmarketing@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Aitor,
        > >
        > > considere el ZS 66 SD tambien.
        > > http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/prod_tel/zssd66/features0.htm
        > > El precio no es muy diferente de ZS 80, y es un APO...
        > >
        > > (sorry about my bad Spanish!)

      • erlend_langsrud
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
          I think everybody needs at least two scopes, one small and one big.
          If you are mainly interrested in visual observations, you could do
          with a small refractor + an 8" or larger dobsonian. If you want to
          do photography you could buy a small refractor + an SCT or newtonian
          on an equatorial mount.

          If you think you will end up with two scopes, the quality and
          portabillity of the refractor is more important than the aparture.
          Field flatness and color correction is definitely more important
          than a slightly bigger aparture if you want to do photography.

          In general, I don't think color correction is important for visual
          deep-sky observations.

          The funny thing about the ZS66 Petzval is that it's usable at powers
          above 100x (unlike some other slightly cheaper short-tubes I've
          tried, Orion ST80 and ETX70, to be specific). This means that Saturn
          looks like a 3D-object with some detail.

          I have only looked through a ZS80 once at low power, so I can't say
          much about that one, except that the stars looked sharp to the edge
          through a low power, wide field eyepiece (I think it was a 82 deg
          FOV 31mm Nagler eyepiece). It seems to me a 2-element lens is good
          enough for visual use.

          Erlend