Re: Lock screw for 1:10 focuser on 66 SD apo

  • Barry Carter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
      I use a stellarvue 2" camera adapter. This device consists of
      actually two pieces. If you unscrew the 2" chrome tube from the
      black T-threaded thingy, it reveals an SCT thread (2"-24 tpi). So
      using the chrome tube, screw in the .63 focal reducer, then screw
      the black thingy onto the FR, then screw the assembly into your
      camera's T-adapter for a prime focus hookup......

      http://www.barrie-tao.com/vixen80ss.html

      Ciao....Barry

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Meinig" <meinig@a...>
      wrote:

      > Barry:
      >
      > I found in the message index the essential tip of tightening the
      allen bolt in the " focuser tension adjustment screw". Its not
      obvious that this would be the fix but it is! I also ordered a
      neat " SCT to 2" adapter from Scope-Stuff that will allow me to use
      the supplied SCT 2" diagonal mirror with my other refractors. My
      Canon 10D comes to focus with a 11/4 adapter-but barely. Has anyone
      usedthe SCT-2" adapter for prime focus?

      > Thanks,
      >
      > RickM
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Carter"
      <chiron666@s...> wrote:

      > > On my ZS 105mm triplet, the mechanism works VG with my Nikon
      D70. I