Re: Thanks Tom

  • Tom Trusock
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
      You are very welcome Bill.

      Thank you for the nice comments!

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "imjustasurfin"
      <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:

      > I appreciate your fast response... I have read many of your Post over
      > on Cloudy Nights and always enjoy your post. Thanks Again
      >
      > Bill Goddard
      >
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Trusock" <tomt@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "imjustasurfin"
      > > <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I would like to keep the L bracket on my ZS80 and mount it to an
      > > LXD55
      > > > saddle plate. Any suggestions or solutions?
      > > >

      > > I use a universal astronomics dovetail bar that is 55/75/gp/etc
      > > compatible and mount the l-bracket to that.
      > >
      > > Tom T.

    • Raul
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
        <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:

        > I would like to keep the L bracket on my ZS80 and mount it to an
        LXD55
        > saddle plate. Any suggestions or solutions?

        Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now and I
        have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also own a
        WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because there
        was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
        design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes and
        the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I started an
        astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
        this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
        them on Astromart:

        http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=399664

        Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
        attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the bracket
        and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure that
        those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive solution
        right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO scope
        (and probably endanger your warranty).

        Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.

        PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I requested
        permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
        information.
      • Rick
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
          Raul-

          Nice product (and an attractive sale price!) I took a look at it when
          I was looking for mounting options for my WO scopes. Do you have a
          version that matches the "newer" WO L brackets? Both of my scopes
          came with two holes already tapped on the L bracket, your 4" and 6"
          rails provide for one threaded hole and one unthreaded post. I assume
          this matches an older style of L bracket or I could be misreading the
          info. What I would be very interested in is an adapter with two
          threaded screws to allow for a more secure attachment. Thanks.

          Rick B

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Raul" <mraul34@c...> wrote:

          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "imjustasurfin"
          > <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I would like to keep the L bracket on my ZS80 and mount it to an
          > LXD55
          > > saddle plate. Any suggestions or solutions?
          > >

          > Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now and I
          > have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also own a
          > WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because there
          > was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
          > design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes and
          > the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I started an
          > astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
          > this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
          > them on Astromart:
          >
          > http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=399664
          >
          > Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
          > attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the bracket
          > and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure that
          > those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive solution
          > right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO scope
          > (and probably endanger your warranty).
          >
          > Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.
          >
          > PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I requested
          > permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
          > information.

        • Timm Bottoni
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
            Thanks for the information and web site link Raul.

            And thank you for requesting permission.

            Hopefully your product will help others

            Timm

            > Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now and I
            > have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also own a
            > WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because there
            > was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
            > design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes
            and
            > the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I started
            an
            > astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
            > this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
            > them on Astromart:
            >
            > http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?
            classified_id=399664

            > Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
            > attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the bracket
            > and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure that
            > those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive solution
            > right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO
            scope
            > (and probably endanger your warranty).
            >
            > Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.
            >
            > PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I requested
            > permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
            > information.

          • Raul
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
              Rick, thanks for your positive comments. You are right, I designed
              them initially for the 1 threaded hole/1 unthreaded hole L-brackets,
              but the new batch just coming out has the threaded hole for the stud
              centrally located and one counter bored slot on each end, which
              would allow you to use 1 1/4-20 screw (2 are included with the
              bracket) on each of the holes of the "new" L-bracket style. I do not
              know the spacing between the 2 threaded holes in the new L-bracket,
              but if it is anywhere between 1/2" to 1-1/2", it should work with
              both the 4" and 6" adapters. I will update the pictures in the ad to
              show the new design
              Raul.

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <red75tr6@y...> wrote:

              > Raul-
              >
              > Nice product (and an attractive sale price!) I took a look at it
              when
              > I was looking for mounting options for my WO scopes. Do you have a
              > version that matches the "newer" WO L brackets? Both of my scopes
              > came with two holes already tapped on the L bracket, your 4" and 6"
              > rails provide for one threaded hole and one unthreaded post. I
              assume
              > this matches an older style of L bracket or I could be misreading
              the
              > info. What I would be very interested in is an adapter with two
              > threaded screws to allow for a more secure attachment. Thanks.
              >
              > Rick B
              >
              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Raul" <mraul34@c...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "imjustasurfin"
              > > <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I would like to keep the L bracket on my ZS80 and mount it to
              an
              > > LXD55
              > > > saddle plate. Any suggestions or solutions?
              > > >

              > > Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now
              and I
              > > have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also
              own a
              > > WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because
              there
              > > was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
              > > design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes
              and
              > > the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I
              started an
              > > astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
              > > this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
              > > them on Astromart:
              > >
              > > http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?
              classified_id=399664

              > > Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
              > > attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the
              bracket
              > > and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure
              that
              > > those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive
              solution
              > > right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO
              scope
              > > (and probably endanger your warranty).
              > >
              > > Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.
              > >
              > > PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I
              requested
              > > permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
              > > information.

            • Raul
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                Thanks to you Timm.
                Raul.
                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni"
                <t.bottoni@c...> wrote:

                > Thanks for the information and web site link Raul.
                >
                > And thank you for requesting permission.
                >
                > Hopefully your product will help others
                >
                > Timm
                >

                > > Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now
                and I
                > > have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also
                own a
                > > WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because
                there
                > > was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
                > > design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes
                > and
                > > the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I
                started
                > an
                > > astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
                > > this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
                > > them on Astromart:
                > >
                > > http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?
                > classified_id=399664
                > >
                > > Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
                > > attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the
                bracket
                > > and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure
                that
                > > those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive
                solution
                > > right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO
                > scope
                > > (and probably endanger your warranty).
                > >
                > > Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.
                > >
                > > PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I
                requested
                > > permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
                > > information.

              • Rudi
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                  Raul,
                  Will your adapter work with the Orion 80ed also.
                  I just got one and would like to use it on my Konus
                  mount
                  (which happens to be in ups world somewhare on its way
                  to me).
                  And should I get the short or longer one?
                  Thanks in advance.
                  Rudi

                  Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                  dsl.yahoo.com
                • Raul
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                    Hi Rudi, does the orion 80ED mounting block have more than one
                    threaded hole (or one threaded and one unthreaded at least)?
                    If it has more than one, I can recommend our adapter (the 6" one),
                    but if it has only one, I don't think it would be safe to use our
                    adapter and instead would recomend that you use tube rings and a
                    dovetail (like our 8" model).
                    Raul.

                    --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Rudi <wa2nub@y...> wrote:

                    > Raul,
                    > Will your adapter work with the Orion 80ed also.
                    > I just got one and would like to use it on my Konus
                    > mount
                    > (which happens to be in ups world somewhare on its way
                    > to me).
                    > And should I get the short or longer one?
                    > Thanks in advance.
                    > Rudi

                    > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                    > dsl.yahoo.com

                  • Rudi
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                      Raul,
                      Nah, it has a plain block bolted to the tube with 2
                      screws approx 2" apart at the center of the tube; the
                      balance point with an eyepiece? An Orion rail would
                      mean this piece would have to be removed and lose the
                      tripod mount.
                      Rudi

                      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                      dsl.yahoo.com