Re: ZS 105 focuser travel

  • Barry Carter
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2005
      Well, I glanced over that brochure, but paid it no mind. When I saw
      that it did not have the 10:1 focuser, I figured it was an "older"
      design (or prototype); really not relevant to the current telescope.
      I am more concerned with in-focus than extended focus. I have AP
      extension tubes if I need more "out" travel. I would rather use the
      extension tube (which is rarely needed), than to have an longer
      telescope or draw tube; both adding weight to an already robust
      telescope. Since the documentation is still being finalized, there
      is no reason to jump to conclusions. Besides, I'm not that picky. As
      long as I can focus my camera, and reach focus with my Televue 4x
      Powermate, I'm a happy camper . I don't do, or intend to do Bino-
      viewing.....

      http://www.barrie-tao.com/wotriplet.html

      Ciao...Barry

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Rob Johnson <robjohn_9@y...>
      wrote:

      > -- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Carter"
      <chiron666@s...> wrote:
      > >--- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Rob Johnson
      <robjohn_9@y...>
      > >wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I have just received my ZenithStar 105 package, and it looks
      very nice.
      > >> However, the weather calls for rain for the next three days, so
      I don't
      > >> think I will be able to test it out fully for a while.
      > >>
      > >> The instructions for the Crayford focuser say that it should
      extend
      > >> 93mm, but mine only goes out 77mm and then there is an audible
      > >> confirmation that the end of travel has been reached. Since the
      > >> focuser has the 10x fine focuser, the picture of how to adjust
      the
      > >> focuser tension does not match the scope. However, I would not
      expect
      > >> that the 10x fine focuser would limit the focuser travel.
      However, it