Re: This is great

  • seekatzj
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2005
      I bought the 80mm Megrez Triplet Fluorite 18 months ago and I love it. I have used it as a
      High quality spotter and long lens. With the WO DCL it mates great with my Nikon 990
      digicam. I also use it for visual astronomical use mounted on a GM8 alone or riding piggy
      back on a Celestron C8 XLT. I am just getting into Astrophoyography so my two current
      scopes is what I want to learn wth and I plan to keep them for at least 2-3 years. My goal
      was to get the Flourostar 110 in a few years. However, with all of the new WO equipment
      being recently released or planed and talked about lately I might have to wait to see what
      other WO scopes are in that price/performance catagory when I am ready to purchase a
      larger APO.

      I would suggest any of the 80mm APO's to start. There are currently 4 different scopes
      that fit the bill starting at just under $800.00 and going up to about $1600.00. All of
      them can be safely mounted on a sturdy camera tripod for all types of uses. What sold me
      on WO at the time I bought mine was the flexability for all those uses and I wanted a scope
      that I could use to flirt with long distance wildlife photography while using my aging Nikon
      990. I bought the DCL (which doubles as an exceptable first low power eyepiece) and WO
      scope at the same time and initially used a Bogen tripod for both daylight photography
      and for quick views of the night time heavens.

      Now I am hooked, the quality of WO equipment is as good or better than anything out
      there. I have since purchased two 2 inch WO Dielectric Diagonals one for my WO APO and
      the other for my Celestron C8. A WO 2 inch 45 degree erecting prism, A WO 6 x 30 finder
      scope and bracket, WO 90mm Tube Rings and the WO dovetail and saddle plate combo. I
      have replaced the original saddle plate that came with the Losmandy GM8 with the WO
      version and I am very pleased with the results.

      I hope my long message is of some use to you. Now, if I can only get my wife to see world
      class optics the same way I do.