Re: WO 105mm APO in Bloom

  • Barry Carter
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 30, 2005
      Hi Steve, thanks for dropping by the web page. The weather here in
      SE Michigan is not telescope friendly at the moment. But in the
      meantime, I will do some indoor stuff with the ZS 105mm. Yes, that
      is the Stellarvue 50mm finder and it works quite nice. The WO
      mounting rings have 5 threaded holes on the top and bottom of the
      rings. The two outer holes are 1/4-20", and the inner three are M6
      threads. The dovetail mount bracket of the finder installs with a
      single M6 flathead screw. The SV finder is very nice and the black
      finish matches the ZS 105 perfectly.

      Ciao....Barry

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "syeather" <SMY@h...> wrote:

      > Barry,
      >
      > I took a look at your 105mm webpage. One of the pictures of the
      ZS105
      > OTA has a black finder scope. Is that the Stellarvue 50mm finder
      with
      > the diagonal and eyepiece? I considered getting that, but finally
      > decided to wait. If it is, let me know how it works out.
      >
      > By the way, my ZS105 package is in Houston tonight and scheduled
      to be
      > delivered tomorrow. Also received my LXD-75 mount today and
      saddled
      > up my ZS80FD for a spin. Of course clouds prevented that (but it
      looks
      > really awesome with the WO OTA, rings, diag, and a Swan 2" eyepiece
      > installed--did someone mention photo-op?) I'll post some photos
      of my
      > rig once everything is in place.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Carter"
      <chiron666@s...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > FYI, I started a web page on this telescope. Check back often
      as it
      > > is updated often....
      > >
      > > http://www.barrie-tao.com/wotriplet.html
      > >

      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Carter"
      > > <chiron666@s...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Well, my 105mm came with the micro-focuser (I ordered the
      package
      > > > directly from WO). I have not taken the red-dot finder or the
      FR
      > > > out of the box yet. In fact, until it clears up, there is
      little
      > > > can do with the telescope optically. I am kinda lukewarm to
      red-
      > > dot
      > > > finders anyway; however the Vixen I have works well on my
      Vixen