May I have a word of advice please?

  • jbsgtulsa
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 27, 2005
      Hello all,
      I've been in rich-field-guide-scope-grab-and-go deprivation ever since
      I sold my UO 80mm ED a few years ago to buy a binoviewer. After
      having sold some astro-toys for some astro-bucks this month, I'm
      looking for a wide-field fix! I've narrowed it down to the ZenithStar
      80ED or the ZenithStar *66* ED. The 80 would eat my whole astro-
      budget, the 66 would leave me some wiggle room for an eyepiece or
      something else I really don't need.
      Question: would I really miss out on much by sacrificing the light-
      gathering power with the smaller scope?
      (Actually, as I write this, I may have answered my own question..but
      I'd still like to hear from those of you with William product
      experience)
      Clear Skies!
      JR
    • Chris Schroeder
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 2005
        If you still have your binoviewer, then the best way to go would be
        the ZS 80FD. This scope works well with their BV without need of a
        corrector.

        Chris

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "jbsgtulsa"
        <jaykrickerts@a...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        > I've been in rich-field-guide-scope-grab-and-go deprivation ever
        since
        > I sold my UO 80mm ED a few years ago to buy a binoviewer. After
        > having sold some astro-toys for some astro-bucks this month, I'm
        > looking for a wide-field fix! I've narrowed it down to the
        ZenithStar
        > 80ED or the ZenithStar *66* ED. The 80 would eat my whole astro-
        > budget, the 66 would leave me some wiggle room for an eyepiece or
        > something else I really don't need.
        > Question: would I really miss out on much by sacrificing the
        light-
        > gathering power with the smaller scope?
        > (Actually, as I write this, I may have answered my own
        question..but
        > I'd still like to hear from those of you with William product
        > experience)
        > Clear Skies!
        > JR

      • jbsgtulsa
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 27, 2005
          Thanks Chris!
          I still have the binoviewer, and now realize the 80 would better fit
          my existing set of rings.
          Thanks again!
          JR

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Schroeder"
          <chris_jsa@y...> wrote:

          > If you still have your binoviewer, then the best way to go would be
          > the ZS 80FD. This scope works well with their BV without need of a
          > corrector.
          >
          > Chris

        • jbsgtulsa
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 28, 2005
            OK, gang,
            I placed my order with Astronomics in Oklahoma just this morning.
            Very excited! Thanks again for the words of wisdom.
            Clear Skies!
            JR

            <jaykrickerts@a...> wrote:

            > Thanks Chris!
            > I still have the binoviewer, and now realize the 80 would better
            fit
            > my existing set of rings.
            > Thanks again!
            > JR
            >
            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Schroeder"
            > <chris_jsa@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > If you still have your binoviewer, then the best way to go would
            be
            > > the ZS 80FD. This scope works well with their BV without need of
            > > corrector.
            > >
            > > Chris

          • probe lin
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 29, 2005
              Gee, I though first batch is sold out, and we are waiting the second batch coming at the end of next month?

              <jaykrickerts@a...> wrote:

              > Thanks Chris!
              > I still have the binoviewer, and now realize the 80 would better
              fit
              > my existing set of rings.
              > Thanks again!
              > JR
              >
              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Schroeder"
              > <chris_jsa@y ...> wrote:
              > >
              > > If you still have your binoviewer, then the best way to go would
              be
              > > the ZS 80FD. This scope works well with their BV without need of
              > > corrector.
              > >
              > > Chris

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • xlh1450
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, probe lin <probe.lin@g...>
                wrote:

                > Gee, I though first batch is sold out, and we are waiting the second
                batch
                > coming at the end of next month?

                AS far as WO is concerned, yes the first batch is sold out. That
                means that that anyone who ordered in the first batch (stores
                included) are the only ones to get one. Therefore one of the stores
                might still have one that is unspoken for, or someone cancelled. The
                gate is open for anyone to order from the second batch.

                Garry
              • jbsgtulsa
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005

                  > AS far as WO is concerned, yes the first batch is sold out. That
                  > means that that anyone who ordered in the first batch (stores
                  > included) are the only ones to get one. Therefore one of the stores
                  > might still have one that is unspoken for, or someone cancelled. The
                  > gate is open for anyone to order from the second batch.
                  >
                  > Garry

                  Hey, I'll consider myself extra lucky! FedEx ground's website
                  tracking says it should arrive on my doorstep today.
                  Thanks everybody!
                  JR
                • probe lin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
                    So I also placed my order with one of the Internet site, which is still offering it. And WO is willing let me cancel my order I placed almost one week ago with them "after" I get the confirmation from that Internet vendor... So I can get it next week rather than next month!

                    I am still waiting the confirmation e-mail. Hopefully it can reach me soon.

                    On 12/31/05, jbsgtulsa <jaykrickerts@...> wrote:

                    >  AS far as WO is concerned, yes the first batch is sold out. That
                    > means that that anyone who ordered in the first batch (stores
                    > included) are the only ones to get one. Therefore one of the stores
                    > might still have one that is unspoken for, or someone cancelled. The
                    > gate is open for anyone to order from the second batch.
                    >
                    > Garry

                    Hey, I'll consider myself extra lucky!  FedEx ground's website
                    tracking says it should arrive on my doorstep today.
                    Thanks everybody!
                    JR

                    Astronomy telescope William Fun
                    Telescope