GT-1 tracking with ST-4

  • william@mail.apatc.com.tw
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      Dear members,

      Good news!

      Last night My friend and I has tested our GT-1 with ST-4 on M-42
      and Horse head, it shows very smooth & precision tracking,the photos
      came out excellent pin point stars by using 100 F/8 f=800mm.This is
      our final test that pass our qualify control!

      Best Regards,

      William Yang
    • Jeffrey D. Gortatowsky
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
        This is good news indeed. Forgive me for asking but it comes to mind: Was
        this was a randomly picked production mount? Or a pre-production model? The
        latter is not as exciting as the former. Or if they knew the mount was going
        for testing...

        Clear skies and congratulations,
        Jeff

        > Last night My friend and I has tested our GT-1 with ST-4 on M-42
        > and Horse head, it shows very smooth & precision tracking,the photos
        > came out excellent pin point stars by using 100 F/8 f=800mm.This is
        > our final test that pass our qualify control!
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > William Yang

      • Herb York
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
            Herb and William,
            I meant only it would have been VERY cool if it were a production sample.

            Would you put the GT-1 in the AP600 or AP900 (1200?) class of mount? I ask
            as I just placed a deposit on a 900GTO for delivery next July/Aug/Sept <g>.
            Just that deposit alone ran something around $3700US. I could be convinced
            to reverse that decision if the GT-1 is of the same creed.

            Thanks,
            Jeff
          • Herb York
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
              We are testing it to answer that kind of question.
              Thank you
              Herb
              www.BuyTelescopes.com
              www.AstroMart.com
              Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird
              (360)588-9000
              (800)850-2001
              > I meant only it would have been VERY cool if it were a production sample.
              >
              > Would you put the GT-1 in the AP600 or AP900 (1200?) class of mount? I ask
              > as I just placed a deposit on a 900GTO for delivery next July/Aug/Sept
              <g>.
              > Just that deposit alone ran something around $3700US. I could be convinced
              > to reverse that decision if the GT-1 is of the same creed.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Jeff

            • William
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
                All GT-1 mounts are same quality guarantee,because we have 5 steps of
                quality control in factory.

                William

                WILLIAM OPTICS CO., LTD.
                TEL:886-2-2709-7196